Homeowner arrested after trying to evict squatters

Liberal take on law & order.

4 Likes

Man, I’ve been doing it all wrong. I’m going looking for a place to stay, for free, for 6-8 months. No utility bills, they can’t be turned of.

5 Likes

Law-abiding citizens can’t do that,

:man_facepalming:t4::man_facepalming:t4::man_facepalming:t4::man_shrugging:t4::man_shrugging:t4::man_shrugging:t4:

4 Likes

“Code enforcement has even cited Arko for not properly maintaining the house he legally can’t access.”

That makes total sense. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes: This is what happens when politicians drink at work.

3 Likes

It would seem, based on this non-sense, that if a criminal entered your home while you were away, and claimed to now be living there, that the police would not be able to arrest the intruder. This is so insane, though I have read similar stories in the past concerning “squatters”.

4 Likes

1 Like

It is a local government problem, isn’t it? Elected officials and local bureaucrats who don’t do their jobs. They should be kicked out of office, but that ain’t gonna happen so long as people don’t vote in local elections (where turn outs are abysmal) and don’t engage in local politics.

OK, maybe it’s it’s just me and the folks I associate with. The squatters, if they even got into the house, Would Leave. They may walk out on their own power or they might get helped out by a crowd of helpful associates. Not too worried about what the police might say or do, the courts/jury would decide that but it would be very clear to the trespassers, this is not a comfortable place to be.

5 Likes

I see it a lot on the news here, and it’s almost always the same scam. The squatters find a seasonal or rental house that isn’t currently occupied, get a state ID or Drivers license with that address on it, break in and change the locks. Now they have at least 6 months of free living while the owner has to work through the courts to evict them, because its their “permanent residence” which gives them way more rights than the actual owner has. The really good ones forge a lease, which can buy them as much as a year in your property.

It’s so f##ked up it’s beyond comprehension that it’s so easy, and so common. I used to have a house I used as a seasonal rental, and looking back I’m dammed lucky it didnt happen to me, but that was 10 years ago and the world wasn’t quite as screwed up.

6 Likes

Not so fast! You must do drugs and entertain prostitutes. Are you ready for these challenges?

7 Likes

Prostitutes? :thinking:, Drugs, not so much…

3 Likes

I wonder what the squatters would do if their cars were to randomly catch fire one night?

2 Likes

Steal new ones

8 Likes

Ha, this guy figured out a way to out squat the squatters :smile:

5 Likes

Great idea, just move in with them. “Hi Neighbor, nice place WE have here…”

4 Likes

I called local law enforcement, and as soon as they saw that there was furniture in the house, they said that I had a squatter situation and they had basically no jurisdiction and they couldn’t do anything," he said.

Help me understand… if a couple of tough folks enter the house with baseball bats, etc and work out – the cops still have no jurisdiction, and cannot do anything, yes?

1 Like

That’s correct you put holes in them because you feared for your life.

Good Heavens, I meant a couple of athletic guys invite the squatting folks to a friendly game of baseball, thats all.

3 Likes