Home invasion scenario

I liked the video on how to handle a home invasion. It really gives a different perspective on how to handle it instead of automatically shooting everyone you see.

5 Likes

Have you watched these? :

They are available under EDUCATION AND TRAINING menu on your USCCA Dashbord.

4 Likes

I would honestly feel sorry for someone that came into my home unwelcomed…

5 Likes

Don’t see any links… AND… not sure who advocates for shooting everyone you see.

1 Like

How did they get in your house?

2 Likes

Todd30USCCA Certified Instructor

1h

How did they get in your house?

Rats, still trying to figure out how to quote a response and post a comment to it.

First, yes, I agree with you for a regular neighborhood type house.

Any case, SOME places it is very easy, like my place. It is a farm. 200 yards off the road blocked by trees, tools everywhere that could be used to knock down a door. Just the nature of the animal. On a farm, you can lock your house, and I do always, and put up as many barriers as possible, but farm equipment and tools are just necessarily everywhere outside, in sheds, garages, everywhere.
Because of this situational awareness is extra important, being ready and alert for unusual sounds, motion lights, voices… you get very finely attuned to what is “normal” around your domain. And, you are not near as trusting when something seems awry. When something is different, you dont go back to bed until you figure it out. Other issue out here is no or at best intermittent cell coverage. Do have a land line, but not in a place I would want to be if I expected trouble. You explore early and often.

Guess my point is, different places, different circumstances. You can only do so much. You maximize your means of “notification” ie motion lights. However every skunk, racoon, possum, other critter that waders by sets them off. And, yeh, you check it out. AOften you can figure it by the sound that is in the same area.

4 Likes

Select the portion you want to quote with either your mouse on a computer or your finger on a phone. Once selected you will see “Quote”. Click “Quote” with your mouse or tap with your finger and a reply box will open to type your reply.

2 Likes

Yea those are the ones I watched.

2 Likes

Use thats a good point. I was raised on a farm and everyone I know keeps guns in their trucks tractors and on their four wheelers and side by sides so that would bee the intruders mistake.

2 Likes

yea me to. My biggest issue would be what gun to grab.

2 Likes