Holster Wedges

Wanted to see opinions on holster wedges. I lost my wedge for AIWB Holster for my Glock43x. I’m using another wedge from another holster that seems too big.

Any suggestions?

4 Likes

Welcome back @Scoutbob!

Tier 1 holsters has wedges that come in different widths and thicknesses and the price isn’t too bad. They even have a sample pack to try different thicknesses.

8 Likes

Another vote for Tier 1 Concealed wedges
:metal:

5 Likes

I saw some praise for this one and I’m intrigued.

3 Likes

It’s nice that it is adjustable but I would be worried that because it is a loose “pillow” cover that it might shift around while moving and perhaps come loose and shift even more when putting it on or taking it off. But I’d have to try it to see if those are really issues or not.

2 Likes

That might be something good. Never tried “pillow”… but it actually looks great.
I use Tier 1 wadges… but the tip of holster still bothers me a little and I put extra foam on it.

tier1

4 Likes

That was my concern as well. Unfortunately I have to remove the wedge from my holster for it to fit in my Lock box (hence why it’s lost) I like the simplicity of not really having to worry about adjusting and moving stuff around.

I am thinking of getting this

I’ve loved all of my JM custom stuff, but I emailed them about it. They said it would work, but that it’s really designed for full size guns.

3 Likes

Mixx and match sizes ands shapes to get just what you need with the PHLSter Wedge Kit
https://www.phlsterholsters.com/wedge-kit/

Watch their videos on how to position and size wedges and how to use their kit.

2 Likes

There are a bunch of them on Amazon. Pick what you like.

3 Likes

I found it! :joy: I was bummed. The Tier 1 looked like a good deal but I like the wedge I’ve been using. It’s wide and it’s formed to what I need.

I used my large holster one today and you can tell there’s a big difference in the angle/ peak. Glad I found the right one!

They’re nothing special but it works well for me. Wish they sold them separately

3 Likes

Good to see your name again @Scoutbob!

2 Likes

I never heard of these. Thanks For the thread.

2 Likes

I’m a big fan of the do it yourself Dr. Sholls Wedge. The gel padding between your pelvis bone and the holster causes the pressure point on the bone to be spread out over a much larger area, and keeps the holster from digging in when bending, making the holster totally comfortable. Only problem I had with the gel is that it’s real “grippy” against skin when inserting or removing the holster. I remedied that by attaching cloth to the grippy (silcone) side using hot melt glue. Now the holster slides in/out easily, without bunching up.

Thanks to @Larry130 for turning me on to this hack!

3 Likes

Glad to assist.

2 Likes