Holster wear on gun

hello all i just picked up a lcp 2 and have been looking at iwb holsters. I can’t decide on kydex or leather. The gun is cerakote sliver dose that hold up on kydex. Thank you

4 Likes

Welcome Brent25!
Cerakote, is pretty tough stuff. I have kydex holsters too, with other finishes, and they seem to hold up pretty well.
Just ensure the holster you procure is comfortable. :+1:
Good luck! And welcome again! Lots of great knowledge here!

1 Like

Holster wear is a lot like he wrinkles of you dear mother’s smile.
Be grateful. Enjoy it :smiley:

5 Likes

Thank.you I have been looking at vedder iwb

1 Like

I carry a cz PCR in a vetter iwb, very comfy, good adjustment on it. (winter carry)
I carry my sig 365 in a we the people holster also very comfy. (Summer)
Good luck! If you go to post of edc kit dump, I think I am the last post. Also you will be able to see what others are using and obviously are comfortable to them.
Good luck!!!

1 Like

Welcome to the family Brent, I use Kydex holster for my LCP II and the gun has not produced holster wear.

1 Like

Ceracote has a slight lubricity factor unless it’s some kind of metal contacting the finish and you might see some scuffing

1 Like

Ceracote is pretty tough but you can scratch it and you can rub it through. The nice thing is for not too princely of a sum you can have it re done if the finish is important to you. My stainless EDC looks like hell but it goes bang every time and some of those scratches, scrapes and scuffs come with stories.

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes

:slight_smile: If it ain’t marked up it’s jewelry.

3 Likes