Help: Are you able to comment on the USCCA Blog?

I’ve heard from a couple of people that they’re not able to respond/comment on blog posts. They don’t even see the option to start or continue the discussion, which looks like:

OR

Are you able to comment on the USCCA Blog Posts?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

If you said NO, please provide details below. What technology are you using to get to the Blog (computer/phone/tablet and what operating system you’re using).

1 Like

If I click on “Start Discussion” or “Continue Discussion,” I am routed to the forum thread on that topic, instead of adding a comment on the blog.

MacBook Pro
MacOS Catalina 10.15.4
Firefox 74.0

2 Likes

Actually, that’s the way the new system works. I wonder if that’s causing too much confusion… :thinking:
Thanks @OldGnome!!

@Dawn - thanks. Can I change my vote to “Yes?”

1 Like

Nope, there’s no way to change it, but I know I can disregard it later. Thanks again!!

1 Like

I also as the OldGnome am brought right to the blog. I just start running off at the fingers (mouth).

1 Like

I said No. I use the Android App, and there is nothing on there that I can see that says I can comment. Perhaps that is not what you are asking?

Thanks, @MarkinMT! Are you able to go to www.uscca.com/blog and comment in any of those blog posts?

Yes. It directs me to the related forum post to comment when I click “Continue Discussion.”

1 Like

Yes, if I use the web version I can be redirected to the post on the forum.

1 Like

I scrolled to the bottom to “start discussion” and was redirected to the community forum. I think that given you have to scroll down to the bottom can be confusing and for usability if it always read “Comment” whether continuing or starting it could help reduce confusion and provide consistency.

1 Like

I am using the app (I think), getting here from the dashboard. I am using an Android Galaxy 10 Note.

I usually just keep the conversation for here.

1 Like

When I clicked the blog I got redirected to the Community.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what should happen - it takes you to the thread in the Community where the commenting occurs.

The old way of commenting was on a platform that had access to all of your information and was not controlled or protected by the USCCA. We wanted to find a way to protect your private information. So, while there’s an extra step in the process of commenting, you’re information is safer.

2 Likes