H.r.127

Oh I have read it more than once !

@Brendan3 - welcome to the forum.

All - you can visit www.FightHR127.com also, to sign a petition.

And all of you Texans in the Houston area need to do what you can to get her OUT!

1 Like

Thanks for that link. Humans do things that are easy…and I’m human. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, H.R. 127 may be the most draconian bill I have ever read. I have serious doubts it will be taken up by the committee and even greater doubts it will be reported out of committee for a vote by the full House. The fact that it has no cosponsors makes me think it was never intended to actually be brought to a vote.

That being said, I will be watching it closely. The penalties prescribed are unbelievable, like something out of a dystopian novel. Reminds me all too much of ‘1984’.

1 Like

Welcome @Brendan3 !

I’ve already sent letters to mine from a GOA email. They’ve been making it easy to get involved by sending emails to all members with summaries and links to take action.

Welcome Brendan3!!

The $800 annual fee is no different than a poll tax. I would hope that every civil liberties group out there opposes this. Yeah, right.

They introduced a bill for gun registration and confiscation if you don’t do it.

READ THE BILL. It is only a couple of pages long.

Short version: They want you to register all guns, get a yearly license for your guns and pay a yearly fee ($800 for AR15 / military style weapon). If you don’t they will come and confiscate. If that passes, which it won’t, but if it does I guess I will be dead that year but some of them coming to confiscate will be joining me. I will not comply.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/127/text?r=19&s=1

2 Likes

@Dawn , can we move this to the “here it comes” thread since this bill is already mentioned in that thread?

Thanks!

3 Likes

Are we going back under the authority of the Queen of England?

:australia: :new_zealand: :uk:

1 Like
2 Likes

Argh! gun banning, national firearm license, 10 round mags, and my favorite, $800 per year for firearm insurance, paid to the Justice Department. Per Year. say there are 5 million of us, that is $4 billion. Per year. What is all that for?

Seems to me that Lee is doing what Democrats always seem to do, overreaching.

3 Likes

Who is “they”?

What if the person giving the psych eval is the person at the department of transportation of your state, and they just got divorced, from someone that looks just like you?

2 Likes

The federal government, most likely ATF under this bill.
I think it’s ironic that an Black woman would author legislation that is the equivalent of a poll tax. The $800 annual fee would make firearms ownership impossible for many impovershed people, some of whom might be minorities…

3 Likes

This bill is insane and there must be a huge effort to secure its demise by contacting representatives as soon as possible!

1 Like

There’s another post about this. I think I started it a week ago.

Oops, I started this one. They should probably be merged together. @Dawn

K… I heard Stacy Washington on sirius radio give an excellent critique of its horrors and burdens tonight so in pleased it’s already out there but this is so severe in its effect that action must be encouraged everyday until it is null and void … Thank you

Anyone who’s been around people in the mental health profession should not feel safe giving too much power in the hands of an unelected, imperfect person.

2 Likes

Just like the Illinois FOID card. 10 dollars for 10 years(1 dollar per year). 2.5 million FOID cards in Illinois=2.5 million a year. And they are always taking it for something.

1 Like