H&K VP9 SK Compact

I have had my eye on the H&K for a few days now. It looks like a sweet firearm. Any feedback from other members on it?

1 Like

My only complaint with the VP9 is that it’s not an LEM trigger capable gun.

For that reason alone I’ll stick with HKs that have the LEM trigger. If you’ve never fired an HK with an LEM trigger I highly suggest you shoot both, once I shot the HK P2000SK with the LEM trigger I was sold.

2 Likes

Long-time HK guy here, and yes, the LEM/CDA trigger is great. It’s not for everyone, but by golly it’s my go-to. I also have a couple of VPs. It’s a nice trigger and easy to transition between that and LEM. However, in the end I’ve decided the VP isn’t for my EDC. I’m just a hammer guy, I guess. The P30 has all the nice ergonomics of the VP series (or vice versa). My experience with VP9SK is that it is quite a bit better than the P2000SK for ergonomics and handling. The P30SK is comparable.

I did recently purchase a very clean Walther P99AS, and that’s a striker I can get behind. It’s a DA/SA trigger with a long take-up at only 9 lbs in DA. There’s a very noticeable “click” about halfway through travel as an audible and tactile reminder you’re getting close to the break. It also has a de-cocker, which I think is extremely valuable safety-wise for EDC.

2 Likes

You’re just trying to make me buy a P30SK aren’t ya @Leon_AK. I like the ergonomics of the P2000SK, now ya have me thinking

2 Likes

I love all my HKs. I bought my first USPC 40 15 years ago. My next was a VP40 a few years back. Then I bought a second. Then I decided I might as well go whole hog and start accumulating series. The only non-40 I have is the HK45T.

You mention the P2000SK, and I confirm it’s a riot to shoot and easy to carry. I have 40 & 357 SIG barrels. The 357 SIG has a certain “finality” to it in subcompact form with lots of smoke and flame. :grin:

2 Likes

@Leon_AK and @BrophE Thanks guys for the feedback. I appreciate it.

1 Like

Until I bought my P2000SK at the recommendation of a Deputy friend who’s an HK diehard, I was a diehard SW guy. I don’t really care for my Shield, love my MP2.0c for its ergonomics. The HK comes close, but the 2.0 does have better ergos.

I’m trying to decide on my next HK USP9 or P30.

1 Like