Guy shoots himself with a Glock 18 17 Converted

1 Like

I was waiting for some full auto mishap. Did it have a foregrip that failed?

1 Like

It looked more like a “hisgrip” failure.

4 Likes

I know full-auto Glocks are/were carried by KSK commandos… still looks dangerous for user.

1 Like

“Did you get shot?” Really? As if it is something that happened to him!

1 Like

Agreed lol

2 Likes

I’ve shot that. It’s hisgrip that failed. They’re a great way to burn ammo you don’t need, but I think rather impractical.
Clearly I’m not proficient enough to score consistent hits with a full auto pistol. And I"m ok with that. For now. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not familiar with the Glock but I spent some time behind the Beretta 93R. The fold down grip was nice but due to the hand placement the gun seemed to want to twist counter clockwise. Full auto pistols are fun to play with but in reality are pretty useless unless you spend A LOT of time with them and have a great compensator. SBR’s and PDW’s are more effective platforms for getting multiples on target. An old Gunny I worked with years ago said “It you need full auto, it better be belt fed.” I pretty much agree with that.

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes

Agreed. I have watched a ton of YouTube videos with fully-auto pistols. While they are fun to watch and everyone laughs… not a single reviewer recommended having or converting to one. They are just too inaccurate and dangerous for a defensive firearm.
This is fun to watch… a fully-auto Glock 43 using a 6 round mag and a 100 round drum. Crazy fun. But not at all practical.

1 Like
3 Likes

About a year or so ago at our range we had a guy injured fairly badly with a … GLOCK. It had been modified. Duh. He shot himself, putting his Glock back into his holster, and the modified trigger apparently had a modification in which a screw had backed off and caught on something. The bullet went through his knee and exited the back of his knee. I have not seen him since. He was a big time shooter. I think he used to put more lead down range than nearly everyone else at the range.

1 Like

AND HE SWEPT THE ROOM!!!

I don’t care if you got grazed by not listening…put the DAMN GUN DOWN FIRST.

Yikes. I thought others were going to get hit…

Those G18s are f***ing sweet, though. I want to try one.

2 Likes

A couple of rounds before he shot himself you could clearly see his left hand fingers going in front of the barrel and I even said we’ll this must be how he shot himself his fingers are right there and sure enough that’s what he did. It’s too bad his friend didn’t teach him a little bit about how to hold a gun before he just put it in his hands unfortunate blunder.

3 Likes