Guns you wouldn't buy for self-defense

Usually wouldn’t have even considered anything from Springfield Armory, more because I disagree with their politics than experience with their products. Marketing introduced me to the Hellcat. I became intrigued, did the research, handled one, and then purchased one and it since become my EDC. Long story short, if not for the marketing I probably would’ve discounted it off hand. The marketing that sucked me in was capacity, size, price and a biggy is the fact that you can change the function of the mag ejector button so it is a left handed release (I’m a lefty). That said, great fun that I would definitely recommend.

Should say “great gun”

I feel the same way Tod30. I’d rather carry my weapon concealed and not let the dangerous person who intends to harm anyone not knowing I carry

1 Like

Drill practice?
How and where

2 Likes

Please take some training through USCCA, THEY WILL LOVE TO HAVE YOU.

1 Like

Check these:

1 Like

Hello, I’m watching for classes in my area. Not many around. We are pretty rural which is good and bad.
Thanks! Many blessings

2 Likes

@Tamara2,
https://www.google.com/search?q=dry+fire+practice+uscca&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

2 Likes

Please ask Dawn our manager for those directions. Your safety is important. Dawn has helped me many times and there are instructors that would be professional to help you. There are many educational programs given at USCCA, JUST GIVE THEM A CALL.

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: 38 Special or 380?

Altor Corp Single Shot .380 ACP Pistol 2.9" Barrel

I don’t think I would buy this for any reason.

3 Likes

To drop to your friends in the French Resistance?

2 Likes

@Harold26
LOL! Absolutely! If they’re going to give them away to the enemy anyway…why not?! LOL! :rofl:

2 Likes

It would be hard to conceal unless you had baggy pants.

3 Likes

I carried one for 2-1/2 years. Not real concealable, a pig on ammo and bear to maintain.

4 Likes

The way things are shaping up… not in November.

1 Like

Just for fun I thought i might answer the question posed by the title. I would not buy a gun for self defense that did not fit my hand, or that I could not reasonably manage. Sadly that eliminated the 460 S&W mag, which I liked a lot, but I couldn’t find where the wheels were supposed to be attached. Not to mention it has enough muzzle blast for 4 regular pistols. And, I’m pretty sure it kicked too, but all I remember was feeling the concussion in my chest shortly after the trigger was pulled. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Probably wouldn’t consider an arquebus for self defense. Hunting maybe, but not self defense.

2 Likes

But it’s legal in all states

4 Likes

Still, they are fun to shoot!

2 Likes