Groups of strangers at GASS STASHIONS

CRIMINALS IN GROUPS :bangbang:Just waiting on the RIGHT VICTIM TO SHOW UP :bangbang:and at just the right TIME AFTER DARK :bangbang:BE AWARE :bangbang:Very very,AWARE :bangbang: Just waiting on , you :question::broken_heart:

2 Likes

There have been several occasions when I was about to pull into a gas station but decided to drive right by and down the road to another gas station because I saw one or more people standing around that I had no interest in interacting with.

5 Likes

Refuse to let criminals decide whether we , GET GASOLINE AND THINGS THAT WE NEED :question: ONLY WHEN WE HAVE FAMILY WITH US :bangbang:when you are by your self :question: go where you would not go OUTHER Wiese :bangbang::100::us: AN GET A CUP OF COFFEE OR A COKE :bangbang::100::us: AN LETS TAKE BACK OUR COUNTRY :bangbang::bangbang::100::us::us::us::broken_heart: WE HAVE TO STAND UP FOR FREE DOME :100::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart:Bobby Jean :owl::feather::feather::bangbang::us::chile::100::latin_cross:

My personal advice

1. Fill up at 1/2 tank. Or earlier.
  2. You don’t “have to” stop at night in the dark, or in any particular area, because you have at least 1/2 tank minimum at all times.
  3. If there are more people on foot than there are vehicles at pumps, skip right on by that station.
  4. If there is even one person eyeballing your car as you drive in and look around, or even loop around the station in your car before stopping, that gives you pause, skip right on by that station.
  5. Your default response is a not-rude but very flat “No” and that is it.
  6. Do not have your phone out whatsoever. Be condition orange actively scanning and assessing everything and everyone the entire time you are there. This will be obvious to others. Pay at the pump. Keep your vehicle locked with possible exception of the door you are standing by (and hopefully your fuel door is correctly placed on the driver side)
  7. Keep your keys with you
10 Likes

You are so right Nathan 57, THE CRIMINALS HAVE ALREADY :bangbang: made A PLAN :bangbang::broken_heart: and their PLANS INCLUDE :bangbang: you :broken_heart::bangbang:. And they are every where :broken_heart::bangbang: and they are planning to , SKORE ,SOME MONEY :bangbang::100:🫵🏼 FROM YOU AND YOURS :bangbang::broken_heart::100:🫵🏼and THATS the NASHION :bangbang: that we all LIVE IN NOW :bangbang: we may not be able to pick our LEADERS ANY LONGER :broken_heart::bangbang::us: BUT WE CAN STILL DEFEND OUR LIVES :us::100::bangbang::latin_cross::chile:

2 Likes

I think this is very good advice. I follow it when I’m not working. But work often has me driving around the desert all day and I never know how much gas I’m going to need so I often have to fill up every night or risk running down to empty the next day.

Not an issue in the summer when the suns up late and I can usually fill up before dark but becomes an issue late fall thru early Spring when the sun sets early. I’ve thought about filling up in the morning but my days start before sunlight and in SoCal there are often as many sketchy people out and about at 430am as there are in the evening.

Another recommendation I have is not to pull your wallet out at the gas station. I have a throw down money clip with a little bit of cash and the credit card I use to pay for gas. No one ever sees my real wallet and if someone asks for my wallet I’ll toss the clip near them and get out of there if I can or otherwise take care of the threat if I can’t.

2 Likes

I don’t quite understand the logic here’s…

Isn’t it better to fill full and visit the gas station less often?

2 Likes

If by “fill full” you mean “run to empty”, no, no way, because then you get caught with your pants down and no gas and you suddenly "have to stop’ when and where you don’t want to. Or there is a storm, or an earthquake, or a pipeline attack, and oops, your gas light is already on

2 Likes

Fill full… I’ve thought it means “refuel to full”
Sorry if I created confusion…

So now I understand your logic… Just never let the tank go empty, keep at least 1/2.
Sorry… Wrong thinking… :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Ah, What I refer to is filling up at 1/2 tank. The minimum you ever intentionally have, is 1/2.

I have literally been below 1/2 tank probably twice in the the last 20 years

4 Likes

Pre Obama, rule was quarter tank first thing in the morning. Post Trump, bumped to 1/2 tank.
If it gets a second term, I’ll consider drilling in my backyard!

3 Likes

I can dig that :bangbang:. And I have a shovel , for all the shif out of D,C, :broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::100:. Bobby Jean :owl::feather::feather::chile:

Go electric. No need for gas stations. Just charge the car overnight. :joy:

2 Likes

So, that IS a benefit. Most EV owners would rarely have to refuel/recharge their vehicle away from home. Those who have a garage or a driveway of their own, or once there are chargers at apartments where people park, or those who have them at work or get them put in at work…yeah. Plug in some nights (won’t need to be all) at home and that’s it.

1 Like

If you don’t want to pay China you actually have to give up 80% of products you a have been using in everyday life. :man_shrugging:

I see different problem with EV. The end customer, like me or you, receives the product which is easy to use. They say it’s a future of ecology… :woman_facepalming:
Nobody says how much we destroy the Planet, how many human lives are lost during production process. Not the car’s body, the batteries are the problem.
Also the infrastructure is not prepared for travelling long distances.

This :point_down:… actually was a joke and I still prefer spending some time at gas stations… :wink:

3 Likes

That is the big problem I have with EVs, range.
And on a long trip, 5 maybe 10 minutes at a strange gas station seems much better than 1 to 2 hours at a strange recharging station.
Just IMHO of course…

5 Likes

That is a limitation. For many households, they may want to have one ICE or Hybrid vehicle, and one EV. Use the ICE/Hybrid for long distance drives of hundreds of miles or more. Depending vehicle, charging point, etc, it will be <1 hour and not 2, but, if cross country drives are something you do, you might not want to have only EV’s in your household right now

1 Like

That’s what I’ve been going by the past few years. Prior to that, I was doing a lot of longer distance trips and would rather only make one stop (near empty) than 2-3 stops to top it off. But now that I’m just driving locally, it never drops below half and I only go in the morning/afternoon. Also, any cars come pulling in, especially with tinted windows so I can’t see who’s inside, I position myself on the other side of the engine block from that car until I get a better feeling of friend or foe.

And be aware of that pump hose. Be on the side of it that you want to be on before you might need to move. I saw video of an incident where the guy was caught off guard, backed into the hose and had nowhere to go. At a later point, they were distracted and he had the opportunity to draw and defend himself, but he was still struggling with that hose getting in the way. That’s a bad spot to be in. Insert nozzle, get the gas pumping, and then move somewhere else until it’s full.

2 Likes

Yes.

I use the hose and the door as all or nothing. In some cases, driver side fuel, I stand between the hose and the open driver door and the car and the pump, no direct approach to where I am, would slow someone and make it plainly obvious etc. Or, opposite, close your driver door and lock your car and leave space and be in the open with room to move.

1 Like

That’s my preference, typically near the front of my truck (engine block). I can move to either side or around to the back, depending on who might be approaching the gas station. I hate being boxed in.

2 Likes