Gripipping the pistol

Hi
I have done my grip with no issue but when I aim at the eyes with a great sight picture and my rounds land on the chin the Ruger American has no up or down adjust should I change the back straps

Is your firing hand completely on the backstrap all he way up to the “meat notch”??? If Yes, then I would run dry fire drills with a dime or a nickle to see if your anticipating the shot…

1 Like

Yes my strong hand is in the notch completely and as far as anticipating the shot it’s not there I’m going to try a different back straps I have a 7inch rod in my strong hand witch is like having a bowling glove on so recoil is not a issue I’ll go to the next size down and see wish me luck

Here’s at drill to help you see the finch and how to correct it - if that’s what’s causing the issue:

1 Like

Is the gun new to you? What distance are you having issues with shooting low? I have an HK VP9. They’re made for cover hold/combat POA. SIG does the same. Perhaps Ruger does also.

No I have had it for 3 years and at 15 yards but it was retrofitted on a recall going to get a 9mm laser round to see if it’s the gun

Got ya. Good luck. Hope you find the issue.

Sounds like you’re flinching. To confirm this, have someone sneak a snap cap in your mag without you knowing.

2 Likes

I love to hate this drill. Its very effective tho. I try to fit in a few repetitions of it at the beginning of a range day.

1 Like

Confession: Ive cut my supporting hand twice on the slide at the range. But I didn’t do it the last time at the range firing several different guns. My friend has been carrying since at least 1994. He’s a range officer and a former Major in the Army Rangers. He gave me some really good pointers. Practice makes perfect. My marksmanship is spot on though. I get tired after a while. I just need to build up strength. I’ve been sedintary too long.

1 Like