Gov Cox Explains Politics

““There are several bills that maybe started out as something substantive but they didn’t have the support so they removed the substantive pieces. … We often get bills that could have been a phone call.””

In other words, all lot of the bills were crap when written, then they scraped the crap away and left a poop stain…

7 Likes

The government (Federal and States) can’t afford to fund or enforce all the countless laws they already put in the books. They should work on fixing or getting rid of all the broken old laws before making up any more new ones.

6 Likes

More laws = more corruption opportunities :man_shrugging:t4:

8 Likes

New Mexico .gov Sh**bird had a stack of bills this year she had
zero chance of getting through but all the little .gov’s get paid to
promote them, If they don’t pass into law they turn around and say
‘Sorry I tried’–(AFTER they cash the checks)
Mom’s without Brains had one coming up–Bloomberg’s crew
Big anti-Gun Grisham KNEW it hadn’t a hope in hell in passing
so she slated it LAST…and whoopsie just ran out of time!
How much did that cost Michael?
These Politician’s would take money from a Cockroach if they could.

7 Likes

:rotating_light: T.D.S. Alert. :rotating_light:

Gee…That is exactly what Prez. Trump was doing. :thinking:

4 Likes

Yup you just triggered my T.D.S.

While yes Trump and the Republicans were trying to roll back some laws, they seemed to be primarily focused on the ones that boosted the profit margins of their big money backers and friends.

All I heard was crickets when it came to rolling back the countless unconstitutional anti 2A laws even though they had two years in power to do it.

3 Likes

Not only that, but Trump wanted the bump stock ban. Hopefully, he will be better this time. He definitely is far better than whoever is currently in charge.

2 Likes

How does that silly saying go? “Let he who is without sin cast the first stone”.
I am sure you would have done better. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

No popcorn for you. :smirk:

2 Likes

I detest Biden and his policies as much as anyone. But I don’t see Trump’s 4 years as the Renaissance many here seem to. We still had an unsustainable number of illegal border crossings, added around $8 trillion in debt, had our constitutional rights further infringed upon, put up with unneeded lock downs that significantly impacted our economy and freedoms, allowed the FDA to throw out safety standards for vaccine production, etc………

In my mind if we keep electing the lesser of two evils than the best we can end up with is an evil. I’m not saying Trump is the Devil. I’m just saying from my perspective he has been a part of the swamp all along. He was just the one feeding the alligators before he decided to jump in with them.

Could I have done better? Of course not. I could never get elected in this country because I’m not willing to pretend everything is going to be OK and tell everyone what they want to hear instead of what they need to hear. Politics is a popularity contest nowadays. No one looks past the messenger and their flashy slogans to see what really needs to be done and if they have any real plan to get it done. Unlike Trump and Biden, I am not convinced I am the smartest man in the room and willing to pretend I have all the answers even when I have no idea what I am talking about.

Our country has been brought to the verge of collapse by a bunch of corrupt kleptocrats backed by a bunch of corrupt plutocrats. The only chance to keep that collapse from happening is for all of us to suffer through a lot of hard times, hard work and sacrifice. Who is going to vote for someone with that message? The polices needed to fix this mess will piss off everyone on the left, right and center.

Trump might be better than Biden but either way the country ends up going down the same drain.

2 Likes

I sincerely hope so. Though I lack the unwavering faith that many of the folks here seem to have in him.

2 Likes

I’m sure you would have done better. :thinking:

1 Like

Poke The GIF - Poke The Bear - Discover & Share GIFs

3 Likes

I would have tried my best to find the right people who could do better instead of filling my cabinet with former swamp dwelling lobbyists and focusing so much effort on getting foreign dignitaries to stay at my hotels and foster future business deals with my family members in countries like Saudia Arabia and China.

Someone like me would never be given the chance. The establishment would make me disappear very quickly if they thought I had any real chance of getting into office. The majority of the establishment may not like Trump because he can be unpredictable at times but he has been greasing their palms for decades so at least they can relate to him.

I am certainly not the smartest person in the room but I am more than willing to admit it and wouldn’t surround myself with yes men who have to spend all day telling me how great my ideas are. I also have the moral conviction to put the interests of others ahead of my own personal gain as a look at my bank account and work and volunteer history would clearly show.

So could I do any better? No not in this corrupt system. But I would try if given the chance even if it cost me everything.

2 Likes

I’m sorry folks but THAT’S extremely ACCURATE and CUTE! Thanks Bruce! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:Poking da Bear! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:Levity! I love it!

3 Likes

Likely so, you, too. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’m not the one’s complaining about Prez. Trumps performance. :smirk:

2 Likes

That wasn’t my point. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

The bottom line is if you (or anyone) who doesn’t vote for D.J. Trump is voting for the destruction of our country. There simply is no other choice.
P.S. I’m not going to get sucked into silly word games. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I was teasing you, not playing word games. I thought the smiley face was a clue. Lighten-up, Francis. :sunglasses: Your PM is off, otherwise I would have just did that there. I was not trying to denigrate you.

3 Likes