Good shooting?

good shooting?

8 Likes

I dunno, looks to me like the perp was in retreat.

2 Likes

In Texas? Yep…

9 Likes

Imho yes, F’ that $#!+ bag thief. Stop those douchebags in their tracks, lethally if necessary!

Legally, not a good shoot. He was retreating and posed no further threat in the current situation.

However, allowing him to escape emboldens him to do it again, placing other future victims in his crosshairs,…

So,…. Good shoot!

8 Likes

Yeah, shooting was good… I would say outstanding. Moving target, fast reaction, good accuracy, threat stopped before situation would go out of control.

But why he left the scene? That’s a question need an answer to.

Anyway… that was also discussed few days ago:

9 Likes

As long as he possessed the firearm he used for robbery, he was still a threat.

10 Likes

Justice served?

7 Likes

Even the justice has been served, you shouldn’t leave the scene… unless you have something to hide or you have realized you have done something wrong.

9 Likes

Not the first time Texas has said you don’t have to remain on the scene of an otherwise justified shooting.

8 Likes

But how it differ from “hit and run” then.
It’s a little stupid once you allow to kill and leave the scene like nothing happened…

4 Likes

Not disagreeing.

And I see the spiral around the drain there too.

Vigilante justice vs actual justice.

Gang violence vs justified LEO shooting.

Anyone have a solution?

6 Likes

One of the solutions, to me anyways, is this. When you go out to rob or injure a random stranger I want you to be thinking “who’s going to pull out a firearm and stop me?”. I want them to know this is not going to be easy. I wish more of these kinds of things were broadcast on the radio and TV. Break into my house and you might get shot, try to rob me at the gas station and things could go terribly wrong.

13 Likes

Don’t rob people.I work to hard for to support my family to let someone just take mine that’s why I been carrying my Beretta apx compact in Atlanta lately because it’s just wicked here .I may even start wearing a bulletproof vest just in case

11 Likes

I would consider leaving the scene if I wasn’t certain the scene was safe. If I felt the attacker might have friends in the area or there might be other threats around I wouldn’t just sit there and hope LEOs arrive in time.

I would be calling 911 though telling them what happened, why I was leaving and asking them where they wanted me to meet the nearest LEO. Not sure if the shooter did this or not?

10 Likes

That ^

There is a difference between leaving as in bailing and just, you’re gone that is it…and moving to a position of tactical advantage/getting off the X, while or then immediately calling 911

8 Likes

Yeah, that’s a good point… but not calling 911 just after the incident is still leaving the scene.
In this case the guy knew there’s no more danger, he found time to walk to the person who was robbed, talk to him, come back to his car, think for sometime… and then leave. It didn’t look he was still in danger looking for safety… Was he confused, scared? Hard to tell.
He already spoke to Police, so I’m guessing we find more info soon.
I hope he won’t be charged for anything.
Comparing to Taco “execution style” shooting, this one was a very good and properly done defensive shooting.
:slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

I only watched the start of the video and didn’t hear the additional details. Sounds like he had plenty of time to call 911 and didn’t for whatever reason.

Seems like there is at least some argument that a threat still existed. Looks like the firearm was still in the thugs hand and even gets pointed back towards the original victim as he is running away from him and I can’t tell if he is potentially running towards another victim. It’s not cut and dry though and not calling 911 before or while leaving the scene raises some serious questions. I certainly would have been concerned though that the thug had friends in a getaway vehicle somewhere nearby since he didn’t try to take the victims car.

5 Likes

Please see those videos for details:

6 Likes

Use of deadly force was not warranted in this case! If a police officer had done the shooting here he or she would have lost their job.
This suspect was at this point not an eminent threat to anyone.

2 Likes

I’m actually pretty surprised about how many on here vilify the defender just because he left the scene.

4 Likes