Good news for VA!

From VCDL emails, it looks like pretty much every county that is NOT in a metro area at the very minimum has a sanctuary proposal in the works. Thats about 80% of the geographic area. But there is still a long way to go from proposed to passed by the county board.

2 Likes
6 Likes

46 as of this morning, 12/7. I live in Warren county and the boad of supervisors has moved their meeting on December 10 from the County Government Center to the High School because of the anticipated high turnout. I will be there.

2 Likes

Looking forward to the in-person report!

1 Like

Culpeper County Sheriff says he won’t ignore the law but will deputize thousands of county residents.

6 Likes

That’s brilliant! Good man you’ve got there.

I think his oath of office would allow him to not enforce unconstitutional laws, but without the text of it I don’t know for sure. His solution is creative and does add some juice to the consequences of passing unconstitutional laws.

2 Likes

Had to share this with everyone…we need him to go on a speaking tour to all of our State legislations!!

Well said sir, well said indeed!

5 Likes

That is brilliantly done. Bravo!
I want a transcript and the authors name :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

That man needs to run for office!

2 Likes

I’ll donate an AR-15 to that man along with free classes!!! Bright, Succinct, Clear and On Point! Bravo Zulu young Sir!! Yes @MikeBKY that man needs to run for office, preferably in Richmond for state level.

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

did anyone catch his name?
I want his speech on a Tshirt and anything that good should be correctly credited.

According to Mrgunsngear (on his B Channel) the gentleman’s name is Tony Myers and is a resident of Suffolk. Also looks like it didn’t work (Suffolk declined to become a 2A sanctuary).

1 Like

Well that sucks because he was truly awesome. Well, besides, it just sucks. :confused:

1 Like

Two bits of news…

48 Counties are now 2A Sanctuaries (track progress here)

Secondly, Gov Northam (restrains from inserting nicknames) is now proposing a “grandfather” clause in SB16.

In this case, the governor’s assault weapons ban will include a grandfather clause for individuals who already own assault weapons, with the requirement they register their weapons before the end of a designated grace period

I think the Dems are thinking “this will make us look like we’re being reasonable and compromising”. I will be calling my delegates (again) later today.

5 Likes

I’ve seen this as well. Being grandfathered in, only if you register your firearm, can’t end well especially if they pass a red flag law. The registration list could easily become a list of people targeted for prosecution and confiscation. I will be attending the Warren County Supervisors meeting tonight. I believe that they will pass a sanctuary resolution. The sheriff elect, Mark Butler, has already come out in favor of this.

2 Likes

Preach brother @Boyd preach!!!

Added to that, that I’m grandfathered, but my children and grandchildren are left defenseless against evil in the world and a potential tyrannical government. No sir, not acceptable. Let me advise you Mr Attorney General where you can place that grandfather clause.

2 Likes

@JamesR makes a great point and it is one I hadn’t thought of up to this point. What happens to my collection and equipment when I pass on. I am 73 and don’t have that many more years. I worry most about my grand children and the thought of them becoming instant felons because of an inheritance is beyond comprehension. Moving out of Virginia is not outside the realm of possibility.

1 Like

The following is was one of the typing aids we used when I was back in high school taking a typing class on MANUAL typewriter (there were only 3 electric ones that could be used by students).

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country.

It seems fitting does it not?

3 Likes

Virginia is not totally lost.

There is a serious concern… the entire nation is a Second Amendment Sanctuary… as the Constitution is for the entire nation. We the people need to stand firm for the Constitution.

3 Likes

The Sheriffs swear an oath to defend and uphold the US Constitution and Virginia Constitution and both guarantee a right of the people to keep and bear arms.

The entire nation is a Second Amendment Sanctuary,

‘When an act injurious to freedom has once been done and the people bear it, the repetition of it is more likely to meet with submission’ - Samuel Adams

‘A Law Repugnant to the Constitution is Void’ - US Supreme Court

No law may supersede the Constitution, the supreme law of the land.

All this means is, we the people have allowed our rights to be abridged and as we watch the incrementalism of a continuing move towards the left and tyranny, the blame lies with us.

Reagan said, we must fight for freedom or we will one day sit around and tell our children and children’s children what it was once like in America when we were free. (paraphrased).

The Constitution does not grant our rights, it guarantees our rights, and government is instituted to secure those rights, and when government becomes detrimental to those ends, it ceases to have legitimacy.

We must ensure local elections, we find and support those who believe in and support the Constitution, including Sheriffs, County Board of Supervisors, and any others we may vote for, and work that up the live to the Capital.

3 Likes