Glock Reliability

Used for hammering, screwdriver, pocket knife and eatable rounds.

3 Likes

Over 5000 rounds & still solid & accurate
GLOCK 26 9mm with extended mag & DiSantis Gun leather IWB holster

2 Likes

G30sf?

1 Like

When you look the word ā€œreliableā€ up in the dictionary it has a picture of a Glock. :smile:

3 Likes

Odd, the internet has not figured this out. :grinning:

reliable

[ ri-lahy-uh-buhl ]SHOW IPA

See synonyms for reliable on Thesaurus.com

adjective

that may be relied on or trusted; dependable in achievement, accuracy, honesty, etc.:reliable information.

2 Likes

Glock the AK-47 of the pistol world, not pretty, rattles when you shake it but as dependable as dirt.

2 Likes

You all got my mind on the G45 again.

4 Likes

You know you want oneā€¦ Might as well stimulate the local gun shop. :grinning:

3 Likes

I do. I really do.

1 Like

Right on! it confirms my love for my personal G26 :sunglasses:

Take this with a grain of salt but maybe the best statement in this thread was the on about the Glock being the AK 47 of pistols. Many of my shooting friends and my Grandson are enamored with Glocks because they are ultra dependable. And I understand the allure of a tool that works as well as a Glock. Still they are the Station wagon or the Mini Van of the Gun world. They look generic. Like the Store brand of anything. Not a bad thing but it is a consideration. When I go to the Gun store I often have Glock on my short list. But then I am not looking for a service tool I am looking for a personal protection or sporting tool. If the difference can be understood. There are just too many fine weapons made by some fine outstanding companies not to consider how the weapon looks. That wouldnā€™t keep me from buying a Glock but it would maybe add points to a competing weapon I might be looking at. Sigs are dependable and they look good. CZ work and look good. You see where this is going?

When the Army replaced the 1911 I was surprised and disappointing because of the tradition. Once the nut had been cracked I expected Glock to make a good show in replacing the M92. The army had a number of weapons to look at and like my trip to the Gun store Glock didnā€™t make it. The reason wasnā€™t that it wasnā€™t dependable, never is. Same reason I would get a AR 15 rather than a AK 47. Just to put my spin on things.

2 Likes

The world changes and firearms receive updates and changes that make them more reliable as well as cosmetic changes. If you do some homework you will find that the AR15 of today and not 10-15 yes ago is as reliable if not more reliable than an AK, just as 1911ā€™s have become more reliable and more cosmetic today. I keep hearing people talk about how ugly the Glock is, I tend to buy my defensive tools on the utmost reliability, not looks.

If I want a BBQ pistol to wear then I have some very nice revolvers and 1911ā€™s to get out of the safe as they are now safe queens, they are 100% reliable and pretty but not as capable for the tasks at hand in todayā€™s environment.

As far as Glock not getting the ā€œofficialā€ adoption you should know all to well big Army likes to take the lowest bidder, just how Beretta beat Sig in the 80ā€™s, Sig remembered what happened to them and history repeated itself, look up the MHS pistol trials and you will find Sig did not even complete the trials. On another note Glock is a highly sought after sidearm with your more Elite units that actually have a say and a budget to back it up.

I am a 1911 lover at heart and it was my first true love of pistols as well as being my first carry pistol, they are a thing of beauty and a work of art but as I have stated I put less thought into how it looks as if I did my part as a concealed carrier no one will ever see it unless I want them too.

I guess Iā€™m getting older and my only concerns nowadays are function over beauty, but as some say beauty is in the eyes of the owner.:wink::heart:

3 Likes

Iā€™m probably in the minority here, but I like the look of the Glock :sweat_smile:, itā€™s no 1911, but I like itā€™s slick look. It doesnā€™t have too much going on. It doesnā€™t have to be different like the other pistols do.

3 Likes

I was careful not to say Glocks were not dependable. I was just pointing out a common statement made by people that purchased other weapons and even in the report by the Military of why they selected Sig. the main reason, truth or not, was the Sig was more adaptable for more people? I was as surprised as anyone when Sig got the contract, even if they made it at a lower price. I was simply saying the looks of the Glock are one of the main complaints. And that was the only point I was trying to make, people that buy their own weapons have different criteria for what they buy. Could be why so many different companies make a 1911 look alike.

I am older as well and I have looked at Glocks when looking for a easy to conceal EDC. The only two draw backs where the bulk and the grip which seem to be what I hear most often. Those draw backs were enough because everyone else is getting more dependable as well. I agree it is hard to beat a dressed up 1911. And every time I go to the gun store I might look at one and check my bank account.

I am admitting that Glocks are dependable as I stated. ā€œAllā€ I am saying is when thumbing through the glossy pictures in the Gun Magazines I hardly ever drift off into my afternoon nap dreaming of the Glock pictured a few pages before the Kimber, Walther, Beretta even the Modular Sig. As I said I am older and need naps. Different dreams but believe me my LEO friends have done everything but take the rubber hose to me.

1 Like

The new Gen 6 Glock 19

2 Likes

Iā€™m, thatā€™s a 1911. Beautiful gun.

1 Like

Will the Gen 5 mags work in that gun? :astonished: :smile:

Welcome @Steve161 !

And thanks a lot for making me feel guilty that I donā€™t do a better job of cleaning my guns. :wink: On the other hand, your pictures reassure me that my Glocks will probably keep working because they are nowhere close to that condition.

Hereā€™s a G44 with 5,000 on it with no cleaning

2 Likes

Nope, M&P magsšŸ¤£

1 Like