Giving Europeans a taste of freedom!

About a year ago my wife had a few guests stay at our house from Europe. It didn’t take long for the conversation to gravitate towards firearms and our American addiction to them. The thought of even needing a Second Amendment was foreign to them, and once I offered to give them some basic range instruction they quickly unanimously declined my offer. However, over the next few days every one of them approached me individually and expressed interest in shooting! I eventuality took them and all of the women had a blast! Once they got over their preconceived ideas of (evil) firearms they finally had a taste of some of the freedoms we enjoy. My wife is on the left, and is no stranger to range “dates”. Semper Fidelis, and may God bless these United States.

35 Likes

A few years ago I entertained a visitor from Denmark who exhibited an interest in going to the range with me. At the time I was shooting traditional black powder weapons, so I loaded up the .45 mountain rifle for her. As she fired, I snapped a photo on my phone and texted it to her relatives back home. The caption read “Marie qualifying for American citizenship”.

I thought it was funny. I think her daughter still believes it’s an actual requirement for citizenship.

16 Likes

First thing, Semper Fi brother! I love hearing this and educating people about their “evil” misconceptions. I don’t really know any people over seas except Americans serving over the pond. Maybe, I will be able to educate someone from another country as well.
That all being said, the first thing that came to my mind - It would be very difficult for me not to prepare an “American Breakfast” for a European visitor ! @MarineGrunt european_imagines_how_americans_have_breakfast_with_clarification._1040850137|257x500

:joy: :rofl:

8 Likes

Well it should be a damn requirement!!! I can just imagine her going home and telling people then they tell people. Soon it will be another American rumor throughout European Nations. @David38

7 Likes

Semper Fidelis my brother. I agree wholeheartedly.

1 Like

Yes! Exactly.

1 Like

My European (now American) wife at the range:

10 Likes

@Jeff-A1 Slovenian? (Yeah… I am reading your book. lol.)

5 Likes

@TexasEskimo You haven’t finished the book yet? Did you get to the part where MSM and ISIS kidnap the FLOTUS and her son?

3 Likes

@Jeff-A1 Don’t give it all away! lol. I am reading five different books now… it’s how I role with reading. I am actually spending most of my time reading AmmoSeek. com

2 Likes

Brother, I didn’t spoil the ending. If you want to know where the actual locations are just enter the grid coordinates into Google Earth or Google Maps.

I have had the pleasure to provide firearms training to some Brits, Romanians and Italians. They all had an enjoyable experience. The Brits got to fire LAWs, M-60s, M-203s, SAWs and toss some hand-grenades. Fun times had by all :slight_smile:

p.s. @MarineGrunt Welcome aboard, brother. I will cut down on the crayon jokes because I know you Marines are sensitive.

9 Likes

This is great. It also shows a theory I have, and that is most anti-gunners are not really anti-gun, but anti-experience. Give them a fun, positive range experience and they will fall in love with guns too. And your experience also shows the group think hiding their true desire.

Well done sir.

9 Likes

Here in the USA when people call 911 (even anti-gunners) they expect someone with a gun to show up… not a social worker. If our country was invaded they would expect our soldiers to use guns as well. So… they are actually pro-gun, they just don’t want you or I to own them. Many out of ignorance and also by watching the far-left MSM way too much.

11 Likes

Cool!
A few years back, we hosted a few Japanese foreign exchange students, (all girls), we took them to an indoor range after some 22lr nds, we let them fire some .357 mag, they all were in wonderment and not afraid. One said she will boast to her brothers and father of her bravery. I guess no guns allowed in Japan…

7 Likes

But they taste so GOOD!

6 Likes

Every day I’m thankful that I moved here from Europe and became a citizen. The 2nd Amendment truly is the gift of freedom.

10 Likes

We are so very glad you are here. You are what this is all about. Thank you!

5 Likes

you wanna know the best way to snack on some crayons? sneak them onto a Airforce transport…draw on the windows… then lick them clean!! that way we can piss off some Airmen and staying true to the “Window licker” name as well.

3 Likes

@Steven147 Spoken like a true marine ! Got a multi-service joke for you:

A soldier, airmen and marine are waiting for their MAC flight to Afghanistan. A helicopter is taxiing down the runway. The soldier says “Nice chopper!” The airmen says “Helos are really cool!” The marine points and says " OOOGH!! OOOGH! OOOGH!".

p.s. I admire the Marines. They get the job done with minimal support and maximum effort.

2 Likes

Thank you for your service in the Corps. And I love how you handled this. No pressure, no argument, just a simple offer of a safe range experience. You armed your visitors with facts and experiential knowledge. Nice job!

3 Likes