Full Size Carry

Often, usually a full size or Commander 1911 in an AIWB holster. I do this even in the summer under a light shirt.

3 Likes

You donā€™t really want to know.

2 Likes

Does that hammer bother you at all on the 1911?

I currently carry 3:00, Iā€™ve always hated the idea of AIWB, but as I get more comfortable with carry, I have better holsters, I may switch to it one day, especially if it means I can practically tote around a full size gun with 18 rounds (bigger guns are better).

Again, sticking with the shield at 3:30 for sure, just assessing my options and what not.

2 Likes

No issues at all. Easy to carry and close to the body since the belt really supports the whole thing without any sagging like OWB. You donā€™t need to cinch up the belt that tight. I also AIWB carry my relatively new Glock 43X with Shield Arms new 15 round magazines so itā€™s 16 rounds of 9mm in a rather compact, slim and super light package.

3 Likes

I carry a full size almost all of the time. In the summer with lighter clothing I may go down to an 1911 Officers, or a G19. Summer here is only six weeks, and I still mostly carry a full size.

I shoot full size guns better is the reason, so that is what I carry.

3 Likes

Since itā€™s gotten colder I have been carrying my S&W M&P 9mm 2.0 subcompact with the 15 round mag and it feels like a full size. I love that gun at 4:00 oā€™clock IWB. I wear a short winter jacket so I can get to it quickly if need be. It feels like a full size and Iā€™m comfortable with it.

2 Likes

Some times Iā€™ll carry my Ruger SR40, with the right holster for the attire, it conceals easily.

2 Likes

P220, P226.
P229 is almost full size!
shoulder rigs

3 Likes

Beretta PX4 .45ACP; in Summer, Hawaiian shirt, Winter, long shirt.

2 Likes

It getting cooler in Memphis. Iā€™ll be carrying my Noinco full size 1911 or my full size Sig P229 40/357 since cooler weather often requires a jacket or overcoat to aid concealment.

4 Likes

I love my .45 1911 !!! I have been carrying it since fall and will be carrying it till about April. I would carry my 5.56 but I havenā€™t figured out how to conceal it!

6 Likes

Trenchcoat or duster sould work.

2 Likes

It seems that those of us who like .45ACP find a way to carry a full-frameā€¦ :sunglasses: If I were an anti-gunner, Iā€™d ask what are you compensating for? As I am not an anti-gunner, and carry a .45ACP, and none of the firearms mentioned are compensated, Iā€™d have to say, ā€œnothingā€. :innocent: :rofl:

4 Likes

Played around today, I could easily carry it AIWB, but itā€™s very uncomfortable to bend over. Iā€™d have to lunge if I ever wanted to pick something off the ground.

With my frame, I could probably get away with it at 4:00.

My only question is do I want to bother figuring I already comfortably carry a Shield 45 at 3:30 everywhere I can legally.

2 Likes

I carry full size everyday. I have a build that helps and a good holster does amazing things.

3 Likes

I carry a Walther PPQ appendix in a Muddy River Tactical holster. It does not show in my everyday clothing, and barely shows in my dress clothes and is easily disguised.

2 Likes

Love the PPQ. Fantastic gun and hugely underrated!

2 Likes

Olā€™ Marine Corp preferred side arm, at least it is for me!

4 Likes

Yep. In the warmer months I carry a Kimber Ultra CDP compact 45. I carry it appendix in a 1791 holster.

2 Likes

During jacket weather I switch to a 1911, although my shield .45 is unnoticeably comfortable to carry.

2 Likes