Friday Feedback: We want to hear from you about education, training and the USCCA!

That is a follow up question I was thinking of for the focus groups, @JamesR! How do we bridge the gap between military and civilian training to make sure our veterans have the training they need for civilian life? (Don’t answer here! Mull it over a bit. :wink: )

2 Likes

Complete.

2 Likes

[URGENT] Important message for USCCA Members…

That was the subject line of an email I received from USCCA yesterday. Since it said “URGENT” and “important,” I immediately interrupted what I was working on and my train of thought in my business day to see what was so very “URGENT” and “important” about what USCCA wanted to tell me.

Lo and behold, HERE is what was so “URGENT” and “important”:
“… as a USCCA Member you get free shipping on all your orders from our online store, but — for one week only we’re giving you something extra. When you order $75 or more in freedom-loving apparel, you instantly save $15 — how cool is that? But don’t wait , because this offer is only around for a limited time .”

In reply, here is my “[URGENT] Important message” in return for USCCA:
USCCA is getting to be like NRA, constantly sending out junk email. Yes, I know there is a setting where I can stop all email from USCCA. But I don’t want to stop getting all email from USCCA.

I pay you a monthly fee to provide a service to me. So why should I pay money to you to buy your apparel so that I can advertise for you? I know that Americans do that kind of stupid thing day in and day out. They buy some product from a merchant, and then they pay more money to the merchant to buy a baseball cap or t-shirt from the merchant with the merchant’s logo and advertising on it. How stupid is that?

Tim and/or whoever had a great idea in forming USCCA. And they have done an excellent job of providing excellent service to members. And they have also done an excellent job in marketing membership. They risked their own time and money in making the investment in USCCA, and I am sure they are reaping the well-deserved rewards of getting rich in the process. More power to them. I say again, more power to them. That’s what freedom and opportunity and America are all about. But if you think that I’m going to pay you more money to advertise for you just to make Tim et al. richer, then you’re nuts.

You can also change your email settings to be just training type emails and messages about your membership. Please let me know if I can be of assistance adjusting your email preferences, @Buzz.

1 Like

Thanks, but for now the best thing would be for USCCA to: 1) man up; 2) apologize to all of its members for doing wrong, acting like some kind of bate-and-switch snake oil salesman, and lying in the subject lines of its emails to members; 3) get a new marketing director (Donald Trump would fire the current one); and 4) act like the honest, responsible American corporate community member that it is supposed to be, and probably still is at heart though has wandered off the straight and narrow.

Done. Decided against the focus group for now. Too busy!

1 Like

The level of training varies for each branch of service. And, even with 3 combat tours to Iraq and tons of training I was surprised to find how much had changed once I became a civilian. Shooting is a perishable skill set, and what once was muscle-memory becomes foreign quickly without continual training. The only thing that did not change was my mental ability to take a life if absolutely necessary.

3 Likes

@Buzz - What “wrong” do you believe has been done?

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother and you are blessed to be here.

2 Likes

Thanks? I’d say I am blessed to have made it out of Fallujah! And blessed the good Lord gave me sons. I am glad to be here brother.

5 Likes

Done! :blush:

2 Likes

Completed the survey.

2 Likes

Your feedback has been heard and discussed, @Buzz! If you see Urgent in an email from us from now on it will be about pending membership issues.

3 Likes

I’m in.

1 Like

A sort of related question. If there a way to stop getting the printed mags? there’s no way that I’ll ever have the time to read them so I just toss them. I can find the same online, no?

1 Like

You definitely can! A digital copy of the magazine is in your USCCA dashboard. To stop receiving the hard copy, please shoot us an email at support@uscca.com or give us a call at 877-677-1919 and we change the option for you.

2 Likes