Friday Favorite: Holster Material?

Welcome, William606.

3 Likes

I have a leather holster for one and a kydex holster for another.

2 Likes

Welcome, @Thomas535.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @William606 and you are blessed to be here.

2 Likes

Welcome @William606!

Yes, I like the sound and feel of the click that indicates I’ve properly holstered my EDC.

2 Likes

I love the retention provided with Kydex. Not as comfortable as leather, but much more functional imo.
I like the crossbreed hybrids, they just take longer to put on and take off. The AIWB kydex is quick and sturdy and provides retention. Winner winner. chicken dinner. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

:100: Kydex is has better retention, it’s easier to maintain, I’ve tried the hybrids, but they’re a no go for me. Kydex is the way to go.

2 Likes

I also will go AIWB with these new rigs. Long wait for fabrication but so worth it.
Very few folks will do a P365, tac dev rail, and an Olight Baldr. G-19 clone was much easier, but stayed with same fabricator. Better value than Tier 1.

2 Likes

I like the kydex for the longevity, they’re very light in weight, plus the ability to lock the firearm into the holster and not need a thumb strap (mine has that mechanism).

2 Likes

I’ll qualify my answer with, I’ve never tried a Kydex holster. That said, I really like Muddy River Tactical leather IWB’s, I have them for a few different EDC’s. They are really comfortable, after break in. I was worried about retention but after break in they hold extremely well. The only knock I have on leather is, for my revolver, it’s impossible to holster while wearing, I have to unclip and place the firearm in the holster them stick it back on my belt. I have no problems re-holstering the other ones.

2 Likes

Leather. It just rules for comfort. For a retention holster, leather lined kydex with a leather “wing”.

Sorry, not a fan of kydex, but if it works for you, go for it!

4 Likes

I like the security that Kydex affords by making the gun more difficult for accidental or “unauthorized attempts” to remove the firearm from the holster.

3 Likes

If a banana peel had retention? :grin:

2 Likes

There’d be fewer people slipping on the sidewalk (and less vaudeville schtick).

3 Likes

I like leather against my skin but I like the way Kydex secures my pistols.

2 Likes