Friday Favorite: Gun Multi-Tool

We’ve talked about what tools you have in your range bag (Range Bag Dump: What tools do you have in your bag?) last weekend. But I don’t remember seeing anything about a multi-tool in the interactions.

image Do you like multi-tools?

What’s your favorite multi-tool?

3 Likes

I have the Real Avid 223 tool. I haven’t actually used it yet, but it has a lot of good reviews. It’s pretty heavy so not something I would carry outside of my range bag honestly. For that I keep a Leatherman Wave.

1 Like

All I got is a Havalon double folder knife with a tanto profiled secondary(primary?) blade. And I can tell you when your left-hand doesn’t know where your right-hand is…? That tanto tip can do some amazing surgery all on its own. One painless 1/8th-inch nick right at the focal point of my trigger finger has made dry fire very …ah… irritating the last couple of days.

(I do have a Swiss Army champion, Leatherman 35(yo), and Gerber multitool 25(yo); but I tend to get my tools out of the chest first for work around the house. Rarely need to do the precision repair in the field - at least nothing I can’t wrap up and bring home.)

1 Like

I don’t like multi-tools. I’m old fashioned :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
If I need a knife, I use a knife. If I need screwdriver, I use screwdriver. I have big bag to keep all separately.

I don’t want to defend myself with bottle opener, when under the stress, I mix up multi-tool’s ends… :joy:

Seriously, I had a multi-tool few years ago… never used it, always looked for full sized tool if needed.

1 Like

I have the Real Avid. Only used it a couple times, but it was handy to have.

1 Like

I too have that tool, albeit I don’t have a need to use it very often.

1 Like

I love them personally. I carry a large toolbox full of gun smiting tools with me on range days but the vast majority of quick fixes can be done with the right pocket multi tools.

I am a big fan of the Real Avid multi tools and own several of them specific to different platforms, as well as general gun smiting tools.

https://www.realavid.com/shop/category/gun-tools

1 Like

I have this glock tool from Real Avid, I use it occasionally, it’s well made and sturdy.
Real Avid 4-in-1 Tool for Glock

1 Like

Do they make those for real handguns lol?
I’m ready to duck.

3 Likes

We had a very close family freind that had an outdoors show in the late sixties and seventies called, “The West Texas Outdoorsman” out of Lubbock, TX.

He had a pair of very high end custom aluminum framed 45’s that he caught nearly as much hell over. :grinning:

They were built especially for executive carry and bear defense and were absolutely amazing.

1 Like

I just looked at the multi tool site. Wow.
Way cool dudes and dudettes.

2 Likes

OMG! I was drinking a soda when I read that! You have to warn a girl before you make her laugh so hard, @Bugleboy!!

1 Like