Frangibles for your home defense?

On page 60 of the Concealed Carry Magazine this month, there’s a brief discussion of frangibles for home defense. (Start reading at Home Defense in the picture below)

Do you use frangibles for your home defense?

1 Like

I think I still have some magsafe’s in 380 laying around somewhere. I was living in a small apartment and every direction was another apartment. It just sounded like a good idea at the time.

2 Likes

Nah, we’re out here pretty much alone. So it’s full house pistol loads, various rifle calibers and 00 buck supplemented with rifled slugs.

1 Like

I’ve watched few videos on Internet and looks these break up against steel, and go through stud without any problems.
I think I stay with hollow point for home defense…

1 Like

I had Glaser Safety Slugs from 10 years ago. I’ve since chosen to go with modern self-defense designs without considering frangibles. I may still load my 12ga with 8 or 6 bird and carry buckshot in the bandolier should I awaken in the middle of the night to an incursion in progress.

1 Like

I have 2 home defense pistols both M&Ps and both are loaded with Hornady Critical Defense 9mm

4 Likes

Never heard of these. Where can you find these?

2 Likes

@Justin47 Normally I would say any ammunition store but with the times what they are. On a poll here
Hornaday Critical Defense were the most popular, I use them in all my carry guns. :+1:

5 Likes