Armed Defense at Home: Gun & Ammo Considerations | USCCA

Page through any of the many popular gun magazines and you will likely see some discussion about which gun is best for armed defense at home. But while considering what type of gun to have on hand is reasonable, it is vitally important to remember that your goal is (or should be) defending human life in the home, not protecting the structure itself.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/armed-defense-at-home/
1 Like

For home defense, I try to get anyone to consider a 20 gauge shotgun. You can get some really varied defense loads based on your situation. They are easy to train to use and can easily mount light or laser.

Using a pistol, I still like a wheel gun with Critical Defense rounds. If you have children in the home, I would consider frangible or other safety rounds. The caliber is what you are comfortable with.

1 Like

I saw this on the news today (link attached below), and thought of you all in our digital community. It’s about a recent story of someone defending their family and self when their home was invaded. I feel fortunate to be able to legally possess a fireman, though I hope I never have to use it. The same day, another story was of a Fed Ex Delivery man who read a note posted on the home that the resident was at risk to obtain infections, so he went back to his truck and disinfected the package first, what a “good person”:

1 Like