Florida Gun Law Change

I just talked with the Big Lagoon State Park, Perdido Key, FL Manager and Ass’t manager this morning on my walk. They told me in a couple of weeks a No-Permit required law will be passed in Florida allowing folks to conceal carry without a permit…

I was wondering how long it would take…We’ll see how this pans out. Hopefully the nut cases out there will behave themselves!

Also I just learned that it’s legal to open carry in the Park, when fishing or camping. Manager told me they have seen guys in there at the docks fishing with AR’s hanging off their backs.

Cool!

R Bell

4 Likes

When Utah passed our constitutional carry law we heard about roving gang of armed thugs randomly killing innocent box checkers everywhere, a little exaggeration but you get my point. So far we haven’t seen it. There have been some cases of misguided idiots showing/shooting their guns in unwarranted situations but nothing like the wild wild west we were told would occur.

2 Likes

There’s a related conversation on this…

The bill has already been signed into law, but it doesn’t go into effect until 1 July 2023.

1 Like

I got this info from State Park Ranger managers, so I’m assuming they are in the know.

I have mixed feelings about this Bill. Even though I’m a firm 2nd Amendment advocate, given my almost 70 years being around firearms, and my background, I’m concerned with gun violence increasing and those people out there without the mentality to respect firearms, and be responsible. This is not some paintball sport we’re talking about.

Rod

5 Likes

Yeah, but on the other hand, the people who are going to do that probably weren’t too concerned with getting their permit to carry, anyway.

8 Likes

I hear you Rodney65. Conundrum, on the one hand - I’m pro rights/freedom, on the other hand - concern for responsibility, with seeking safety/self defense as a common goal. I’m caught up in between.

4 Likes

We have 27 states that are “Constitutional Carry”. It has yet to be a problem.

6 Likes

There’s no such thing as “gun violence.”

2 Likes

Hopefully it will stay that way! We have a lot of people migrating to Florida now…

Rod

Open carry while fishing has been legal for a long time, not just at that park. In the second video, the first officer knows him and the guy doing the video state he was a friend for over 20 years, went to school with him, and subscribes to his channel, so knows clearly who he is and what he does. We have incidents like this, due to our not exercising our rights, where innocent people are harassed by the police for no reason other than they do not like people exercising their rights.

Sure there is it is how we stop criminal gun violence. It is not a myth. Just through that last line in so you would know why it’s frustrating.