Flashlight: on gun or in nightstand?

Just recently became aware of “Olight” brand flashlights and weapon illuminators. I’d recommend a look at them if you are even remotely looking for flashlights or a mounted. Exceptional brightness, very good spot lighting and circle of field illumination. I was frankly surprised as all get out about how far beyond the MagLight we’ve come. If you’re interested in trying them, be aware they have a coordinated sales event program which comes up every 4 to 6 weeks and either offers a good discount on the item you want, or includes something you’d like included for a very reasonable price

3 Likes

Ace Hardware had a 1350 lumen flashlight for $31.99. Ran on 6 AA batteries. Getting it Tuesday.

1 Like

@Zavier_D I didn’t find the lamp you were speaking of at Ace’s web site, but they did have one called Atomic Beam Well rated for 1200 lumen & 20 $US It looks like a single AAA cell. Before I’d experienced some of these small wonders I would have not believed how much light could be generated and available from such a small alkaline battery. If you used a lithium cell you’d have some deep reserves.

Good hunting!

I’ll echo the good review of Olight. They have some fantastic lights and have options for EDC, nightstand, weapon lights. They are also among the tech leaders on lights with things like magnetic charging (useful for your EDC), and offer high-output rechargeables or conventional batteries for whatever your use-case.

If you sign up for their email newsletter, you can get a heads up when they’re doing a sale. A Typical sale is maybe 30-40% off of list and sometimes with limited edition colors(!).

1 Like

I made a mistake I confused the 1300 lumen and the 1250 lumen light next to it.

It lights the whole house up (during the day).

Surprisingly light, and has strobe, spotlight and narrow beam settings. Solid made too, could deliver a solid wack with it. May look for a holster for it. Going to buy another for car next week.

2 Likes