Motion detector light tip

Great idea here everybody. I got a motion detector light to help with keeping my home safe & secure. I decided to mount one of them to the very front of my quick access handgun safe by my bed. If I hear glass shattering in the middle of the night or my door getting kicked in, just getting startled awake will activate the motion light without having to get out of bed to turn the bedroom light on. Not only will this help prevent giving away your location to the intruder but it will give you safe and immediate access to your handgun without having to search for a flashlight to open it.

10 Likes

Definitely wise to consider accessing firearms without having to use a flashlight.

I have a battery powered/USB rechargeable motion light over the keypad to one of mine, and the other(s) have light up numbers/light by the fingerprint reader such that hovering your fingers over the buttons (without having to press them) turns on the illumination

3 Likes

That’s how I pretty much have mine setup. :+1:

2 Likes

I practice opening my safe in the dark.

2 Likes

Advancements in cheap lighting and motion detectors are amazing. I installed LED strip lighting to my closets, my wife’s pantry and the interior of my gun safe, all connected to small motion detectors available for next to nothing on Amazon.

SUPERNIGHT DC 5V-24V 5A PIR Motion Activated Sensor Switch with DC Coupler Cable for LED Strip Light - Amazon.com

3 Likes

I keep mine in a holster under my pillow.
YMMV.

9 Likes

I installed motion detector light switches in my house when my kids were old enough to use the bathroom at night years ago and i love them. They also double as interior security lights, when they go off I’ve already trained myself to see if the kids are ok and being able to see without illuminating my position in case of an intruder is another option. I get enough light in my room to grab a weapon if needs be also but its all in all a great idea Lakerfan!

4 Likes

at night I place mine in a bedside holster that holds it against the side of the bed. no light needed to find it. I set it to be right where my hand naturally falls to the bedside when laying there. i do have a very bright led flashlight nearby if needed

4 Likes

Yes, that’s key to my set-up too.
I know where it’s pointed, left hand pick up, no guessing involved.

2 Likes

Some of you guy’s have Safe’s? WOW, so lucky! (Sarc alert)
Bean, You have a Pillo…oh, never mind! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Seriously, I have a shotgun mount on the wall next to the bed and a Handgun bedsider
like Leroy.

4 Likes

My Staccato has a glass case around it with an alarm after 9pm.
Ok, ok, Scheels has it behind glass and they close at 9pm.
Same thing, they are just guarding it for me. :wink:

4 Likes

Yup! My ‘Gun Safe’ (Bulldog firearms) has my new Diamondback SDR under lock n key also!

“Just the Tip honey, I promise!”
(in keeping w/ this thread!)
…and it lights up too! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Say, Goodnight Gracie!..Goodnight Gracie!

2 Likes

Next step - motion detector inside the pillow :wink:

3 Likes

I also have a bedside holster that holds my pisol, flashlight & extra mag. The tritium on my gun makes it easy to locate even though it’s perfectly placed for me to retrieve it. I have no kids in the house