Flashlight: on gun or in nightstand?

I keep my light on my nightstand and my carry gun in a biometric safe nearby. I also use a trigger guard with a quick release lanyard to ensure that I don’t accidentally discharge the firearm removing it from the safe when groggy or rudely awakened. A quick pull on the lanyard and my Glock 42 is ready to go. Yes, it takes an additional second to remove, but to me, it is well worth it to make sure that I don’t discharge the firearm until I am absolutely certain that I need to. The scenario described by @CHRIS4 is a very real possibility and needs to be avoided at all costs.

https://www.amazon.com/Blitz-Holster-BH-43-Trigger-System/dp/B01CF5BPYM/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=trigger+guard+glock+42&qid=1574873713&sr=8-4

1 Like

@Dawn Yep that’s the one, I got mine with an extra battery and external USB charger. In the given scenario I would hold the light part against my leg when turning on and do a quick toss down the hall so I don’t blind myself in the process. Considering I have dropped said light from about 45’ up in the air and it kept on running I have no concerns tossing it down a carpeted hallway.

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

I have both weapon and hand held(can never have have to much light). Has anyone checked out
NEBO weapon lights? Nebo has come out with a new Ambi switch, much better and a very good price.
Everyone have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving. Bruce26 and Nancy.

1 Like

Since my holsters won’t accept a gun mounted light I don’t have, I do have a very bright strobing hand held light I got at Costco. That thing hurts if it comes on in the dark. I’ve thought about one of the guide rod lights but just haven’t sprung for one.

1 Like

I prefer to have my light separate. One reason is it gives me a greater ability use the light to my advantage and still keep my weapon at the ready.

1 Like

I have my headlamp which i think is better than a flashlight since it doesnt use up a hand

1 Like

This is why I can’t have a flashlight on my nightstand…

8 Likes

I have one who thinks the entire reason I have this thing on my nightstand is so he can rub his scent from his chin onto it. (And is often surprised when he knocks it off …which makes his owner wonder just how smart the little jerk is)

1 Like

I have both. I have a TLR6 combo on my shield, and I have a bright LED handheld with low, bright, and strobe functions.

3 Likes

:laughing:
Decepticons… just sayin.

1 Like

As much as I’ve put it through, it would have fought back by now.

1 Like

Both. Light in my pocket for EDC and weapon mounted light on home defense gun.

1 Like

I like it :smiley: good plan, going to have to see what I can do with that idea… :thinking:

3 Likes

:laughing: I’m good with that :grin:

Phillips Hue and, recently, Amazon Echo remote operation. Although Alexa needs to be able to respond only to the family and no one else… The Hue environment can be totally orchestrated from your cell phone; from spots to full disco. Say,you’re coming from the West,your light kit walks in from the East, then North?

1 Like

I say both to be honest, I actually have a handheld flashlight tht I clip on my pocket take it where ever I go, I also have one on my firearm. But I’ve been thinking to get another one like a bigger one for the night stand. Lol the more light the better

2 Likes

One thing about having your only light be on your gun… if you’re looking for the source of a noise, or sweeping a room to see what is happening, everything you illuminate has your muzzle pointed at it. Awesome if it turns out to be a threat. Not so awesome if it’s your dog or kid. Using a gun mounted light to search a room pretty much violates the “never point your muzzle at anything you aren’t willing to destroy” rule, 99% of the time in those situations.

2 Likes

The nightstand firearm has a weapon light on it. I also keep my EDC light on the nightstand too.

If I feel like I need my firearm, I’d rather the light on it than needing to juggle a separate light.

I have an Olight S1R Baton II (they have a sale at the moment) as my usual EDC light. It’s home is recharging on the nightstand. It has a “moonlight” setting of 0.5 lumens which is great for the 2am potty break so you don’t blind yourself nor wake up anyone else but still see well enough not to step on the dog. At the top end, it maxes out at 1000 lumens which is pretty well blinding if I need “all the lumens”.

3 Likes

Just got this new light and holster. Mounted it on the G34 till I get the TP9SFX. 800 lumen with a momentary on, fixed on, or strobe.

For the light and holster about $150

4 Likes

I have separate flashlights. However, I leave nightlights on, and with front and back outside lights on, I can see well enough to acquire a target.

3 Likes