Fired my first weapon

Continuing the discussion from What was the first gun you ever shot?:

My first weapon, M16, in Vietnam 1970. :us:

11 Likes

High Standard .22LR semi-auto, 1964

(M16 in 1967)

1 Like

Welcome aboard, you will find a very good group here.
Join in on the discussions, ask questions and give your insights.

Larry

I would suggest a title change to the conversation. We do not own weapons, but personal protection devices. Weapons are for assault, our self-defense items are strictly that - for defense.

My first combustible arm was a .22 cal long rifle in a long arm. When I was much older, my first self-defense firearm was a 9mm Beretta PX4 Storm sub-compact. After that, a PX4 Storm .45 ACP full-frame - that is still my favorite firearm. I now carry OWB with either a Hawaiian shirt in Summer or a long over-shirt in Winter. Both the 9mm and the .45 ACP are well concealed - pass the wife test. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Dave. I think your comment is interesting. I personally don’t mind calling a gun a weapon because I don’t really want to sugar coat it. My guns are weapons used to fight for my life and those close to me if necessary. I am not a veteran, but my father is. He has always called the gun “my weapon”. The poster says he served in Vietnam, so I guarantee weapon is the word used.

It is an interesting point. I do usually try to say “gun”, “tools”, firearm” because of perceived connotation.

1 Like

Welcome to the community and thank you for your service brother.

1 Like

Some have not appreciated the thanks for your service after what you have been through, but since I served in the Marine Corps," Thank You for your service!"

2 Likes

Thank you for you service!

1 Like

Thank you, Family, for your support as a member of USCCA; I am learning how use USCCA. Semper fi, Hospital Corpsmen attached to 1st MAR DIV. :us:

2 Likes

Thank you for your service and god bless you

You are either a liar or have forgotten
the 1,000s of rounds fired in Basic and AIT.

Who cares what it is called?
I pack a piece now,I carried
a gun in Nam.

2 Likes

My first weapon I fire was M14 in Fort Dix follow by M16 training before going to VN (1969)

1 Like

M14 more kick then M16, right? Thank you for your Military Service, Semperfi!

1 Like

Thank you for your service and stay safe

Thank you for your service and god bless you

Stay safe, as well.

1 Like

Yes, I probably should have put a smiley face after the comment. I was being a bit facetious, but I also try to avoid “trigger” words (pun intended), words that antis use to denigrate us or have co-opted. For example, they say “gun control”, I say firearm laws. All part of taking back the dialog.

2 Likes

Opinion: Term “Weapons“ signify, guns, shotguns, rifles, etc… And you are correct, weapons are for self defense. :grin::us:

2 Likes

That makes more sense. I apologize, I didn’t catch the humor, that makes more sense. That’s one of the limitations of text. 20 people can get it then the silly guy (Me) pops in and takes it serious :sweat_smile::joy:.

1 Like