Fired my first weapon

I honestly don’t remember, it was so long ago. But it was definitely either a .22 rifle or a single shot .410 shotgun, both when I was around 6 or 7.

1 Like

Howdy, Mike, in our teenage years, my best friend and I went down the Valley in Texas. My first weapon I fired was a 22 rifle. Sad to say, I didn’t any better, but we shot-up a rabbit pretty bad. :clown_face:

1 Like

Daisy model 25 BB rifle followed by a H&R Pioneer 765 single shot .22LR . First pistol was an Astra Constable .22LR . Bought it before I was old enough , carried it for years before CCWs existed . Followed by hundreds of others . Now down to only a few , but still have the first two .
Chris

1 Like

I did not fire weapons at boot camp, not even Camp Pendleton during my training, Rick; don’t text me on USCCA that I am a liar. You don’t know me! What do you know about being a Combat Hospital Corpsmen? :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Really,all the corpsmen,I knew even carried sidearms,
and all completed basic including.But if you say so…

1 Like

I am a Vietnam Combat Veteran, 1969. Assigned to 1st MAR DIV, 2nd Battalion 7th Marines!
Where were you???
I choice to carry an M16, never trained with it. Just squeeze the trigger and it fires, very simple!

2 Likes

I’ll be your huckleberry :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I joined the Navy in 85’ never touched a weapon till I got to my first boat and then qualified with a 1911 and M-16 A1 to stand topside and petty officer of the deck. Then I went to Corps School in 87’. The only time I had a mandatory fam fire was in 96’ prior to deploying to Liberia with a SPMAGTAF and then one prior to deploying to Iraq in 04’. So I know Corpsmen don’t get gun trained very often if at all. That being said In 87 I made the Navy Rifle Team and got A LOT of training not associated with being a Corpsman.

In 69’-70 I bet they even gave you the white arm band with the red cross. I got your back on no training “Corpsmen are Non-Combatatant’s”, my A$$.

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes

You served with my Dad, he was 7th Marines. He was in Da Nang for 68 Tet and then did a bunch of stuff up near Laos. Thank you for your service, my Dad got out of 2 tours in RVN with 7 Purple Hearts, he gave me he!! for being a swabbie and got very quiet when he found out I was a Corpsman. I met him for the first time when I was 19 or 20.

Cheers,

Craig6

4 Likes

Thank you, Craig6. I was within NORTH of DaNang, I refer to my tour camping! I did walk “point” one time.

1 Like