Fire arm training without a gun?

Hello, I do not have a gun yet so how do I go about going to live fire training? Thank you!

4 Likes

Many ranges have rentals - and trainers. Just call the nearest range and ask questions. Most of us are quite friendly and we always encourage those new to the sport. Hopefully you will find shooting as fun as we do. Welcome to the community!

12 Likes

Thanks Dave, I appreciate it!

Any ideas as to how I find local USCCA community members and preferred range sites in my location?

4 Likes

@Heather16 Hi. And welcome. Follow the link and instructions. Where are you? Stay safe, Bruce and Nancy. :+1:

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/firearms-training/find-a-shooting-range/

8 Likes

What general area do you live in?

4 Likes

Just something to consider. Most of what you have to do with a firearm has nothing to do with actually shooting the gun. There are many good airsoft guns out there that replicate the function of the real thing and allow you to train yourself for grip, stance, draw/presentation and in some cases actually pulling the trigger and reloads.

They are a VERY good training options that allow you to leave a bunch of your mistakes at home therefore making your actual range sessions WAY more productive (and a whole lot cheaper).

7 Likes

It depends… or at least should depend on where are you with firearm handling knowledge. I think the best is to start with mental preparation (fe. “Firearm Safety classes” or “Introduction to Firearms”) and then slowly get into actual live fire. And by “live fire” I mean shooting under Instructor’s supervision to start the journey WITHOUT mistakes.

3 Likes

Welcome to the family and god bless you. Check with your range and find out if you can rent a firearm and practice shooting with it. Most ranges will let you rent a firearm. You can watch USCCA training videos which can prepare you for when you do purchase your firearm. Even YouTube videos can help you.

2 Likes

Awesome answers and resources everyone! Thanks for helping out a newbie here! Welcome @Heather16!!

There are a lot of conversations here about buying your first firearm and what to look for. Let us know how it goes, @Heather16!

7 Likes

Hello Bruce and Nancy!

Thank you for your reply. Anywhere from Flagstaff down to Prescott AZ. Please let me know if you have any suggestions for shooting ranges or fellow members!

3 Likes

Hello Robert, anywhere from Flagstaff to Prescot AZ. Please let me know if you suggestion any shooting ranges or fellow members in the area, thank you!

1 Like

GREAT SUGGESTION Enzo, thank you!!

1 Like

Thank you, most definitely, Dawn! Everyone has to find the right gun for themselves. Lots of research to do on that! I hope to find some guidance through this process. Thanks for your support!

2 Likes

Thank you for the tips Johnnyq60! I appreciate it!

1 Like

Hi Jerzy! Yes, that is my plan. Sounds good. Thank you!

1 Like

You are most welcome! We’re here to help as best we can.

2 Likes

Great site, Bruce! Thank you!

2 Likes

@Heather16 You can start here to find someone in your area, it’s a good read anyway. LOL

3 Likes

That would be where rentals would come in handy, to allow you to try different firearms.

Oh, and my manners are remiss…

Welcome to the neighborhood.

3 Likes

You are very welcome, @Heather16.

1 Like