Fellow brothers and sisters, do you store things like the food boxes?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Hey @Joseph202, thanks to balance issues after organ transplant I could not ride my nifty carbon road racing bike or off road bike I raced with. But, I too am the proud owner of an etrike, regular seat post model. I normally pedal on my own. But when the O2 concentrator starts balking or there’s a big hill, I do pour in a little “wind behind my back”.

6 Likes

I live in a neighborhood with three other families whom I do or have worked with. They aren’t really preppers, but at least they are friendlies.

4 Likes

Pssst… only till they get hungry. :man_zombie: :zombie: :woman_zombie:

4 Likes

I was setting you up for that! :rofl:

4 Likes

Thanks. :rofl:

3 Likes

My dear fellow and equally Deranged as I, friend,

"Cicadas will emerge in 15 states after living underground and feeding off of tree roots for 17 years. They will molt, mate, lay eggs and die within a matter of weeks.

Cicadas are related to such aquatic arthropods as crayfish, lobsters and shrimp, and are high in protein.

Cicadas are at their most tender when they have just molted their outer shells.

Because of the Cicada’s similarity in taste to shellfish, connoisseurs recommended pairing them with a dry white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio."

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Nope, not doing bugs.

3 Likes

Any bugs out there that taste like BACON???

7 Likes

Ask and you shall receive.

Or all of them if wrapped in… You know… Bacon.

• Sakondry

A small, nutritious hopping insect with a long pink nose and fluffy rear end that’s native to Madagascar and sub-Saharan Africa. When fried, it has a strong smoky flavor and tastes like bacon. The sakondry is high in protein, minerals, and vitamins, and is a popular forest snack in Madagascar. Some people are farming sakondry to increase food security and save endangered lemurs.

• Sago grubs

Often called the “bacon of the bug world”, sago grubs are hearty and don’t have a strong “buggish” taste. They’re widely eaten in Southeast Asia and can be eaten raw or roasted.

• Cicadas

When cooked in garlic and salt, cicadas can taste like bacon, seafood, or popcorn. Some people also eat them raw.

4 Likes

You Folk’s have way too much time on your hands…

END OF DISCUSSION!
(Even if you created Waffle/Syrup tasting Bugs you still have a Waffle/Syrup tasting Skeleton ROACH! in your bowl!) And Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury! It’s PHUCKING BUGS! FOR PETE’S SAKE! :face_vomiting:

5 Likes

There are certain levels of existence we are willing to accept.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Gotta try that. :yum:

5 Likes

So I guess you guys don’t eat shrimp or lobster either? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Hey, just a darn minute here. Under sea insects are different, they are aaa better. Under dirt insects are just gross…

4 Likes

In my younger days, when I rode my Harley without a helmet, I dined on any number and types of bug, usually at the higher range of the speedometer. I think I’ve had enough bugs in my diet for the time being…

5 Likes

Besides, Shrimp and lobster all come pre-rinsed.

4 Likes

YUMMM, :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

Here’s my issue with freeze dried stuff:
You need to re-hydrate it. You need to cook it.
If utilities like gas, electricity and water are kaput, how are you going to do that?
I’d put water, a camp stove and lantern, and fuel higher up on the list
The advantage to freeze dried stuff is you won’t need a freezer to store protein, but you can work around that with canned goods which are relatively inexpensive by comparison.
YMMV, of course.

7 Likes