I have the misfortune of regular doctor visits and visits to other gun-free zones. My car has subwoofers under the front seats, so there’s no space for a Nano or Micro Vault type safe. I have yet to see a console safe for it probably because the console is too small. I currently have at least one Nano Vault back at the hatchback (under a “tonneau cover”), but shifting the gun from pocket/holster to safe while standing out in the open is less than ideal.
The Hornady Vehicle Rapid Safe (the one with the pump-up bladder) caught my eye recently, but it’s fairly expensive, so I’m a bit cautious. I’d love to hear from present and past users about the good and bad of the system.
- Are there similar safes that are alternative to it? (one that would fit in the same space at the console)
- Do you still use it? (Why or why not?)
- What problems (if any) did you experience?
- How visible is it from the outside?
- Which side of the console did you install it?
- Do you also have a Rapid Safe in the house?
Thanks for any advice you can give me!