Federal Judge From California

Benitez wrote. “One is to be forgiven if one is persuaded by news media and others that the nation is awash with murderous AR-15 assault rifles. The facts, however, do not support this hyperbole, and facts matter.”

Speaks for itself…

11 Likes

I don’t think ignorance of the facts (especially the willful ignorance of many politicians) is a viable defense for passing unconstitutional laws. So I am not forgiving anyone.

Otherwise I like the ruling. Hope the case makes it to the Supreme Court before the Dems stack it with people who suddenly forget how to read simple English when it comes to the 2nd Amendment.

5 Likes

“Government is not free to impose its own new policy choices on American citizens where Constitutional rights are concerned,” the judge wrote.

Now if we could just get the rest of the Federal Judges to see it this way…

7 Likes

And on the local front, the county just north of Salt Lake City:

The policy prevents deputies and other department employees from enforcing federal laws or presidential executive orders that they determine may infringe on the U.S. Constitution’s Second Amendment right to bear arms.

The policy was enacted on June 1; the [Davis County Commission] and Davis County Attorney Troy Rawlings expressed their unanimous support for the decision

4 Likes

A step in the right direction, but since when have facts mattered to our Government? Given the Supreme Court’s penchant for kicking 2A cases down the road, I’ll remain healthily skeptical. For this is almost certainly headed to appeals.