Favorite Feature of Your Range?

Wish we lived closer Craig! Engines and guns, cold beverages…boy howdy!

2 Likes

Haha! Boy sounds nice to have these high tech toys!
Hell, my range outdoor
Has a port-a-pottie! :rofl::+1:
I guess we do it the old fashioned way here in West Virginia. We have to hoof our targets down range.
We do have steel plates and a shooting tree.(yay)

2 Likes

I want to find a range that has the Saab acoustic sensor system (or equivalent) with a laptop display so I don’t have to use binoculars to see how bad I missed :slight_smile:

1 Like

This will be my first time for everything.so I’m a lil Nervous

1 Like

No hassles brother what are you nervous about?

Lucky enough to have land I can shoot on

1 Like

I’m not sure if maybe it’s just the thought that I don’t want to ask the wrong questions

1 Like

Expound upon these cold beverages? Specifics.

1 Like

We all are on here to learn. Even though I have been shooting since about 1984 not counting as a youth, I learn things on here. I also have helped others out on what I can. So, that is what we are here for, to learn. Feel free to ask questions.

3 Likes

Lamont,
As @Todd30 said, feel free to ask here.
Another thing - most firearms folks are more than happy to help introduce a newcomer, even at a range.
Of course there will always be a few that want to be left alone to do their thing.

1 Like

This is so hard but EVERYTHING @ Red River Range!

Ask @Fred_G!

2 Likes

Me too!!!

2 Likes

Indoor range I go to only allows pistol calibers. Nothing fancy, 25 yards, next to their own store. Here’s where I continue to build skills. I shoot by myself and people mind their own business.

There’s one that’s about 15 miles farther, 25yds indoor too, but allows me to shoot my AR556. Now, this one has a more classy look. A lounge, a nice-sized store. Membership.

1 Like

@Lamont2, I can completely relate.
I became a gun owner only 7 years ago in my mid-40s. I did shoot some M-16 in my late teens but no biggie.
Gun ownership was nerve wracking for me at first. It gave me a healthy respect for guns and gun safety.

2 Likes

We have the longest indoor commercial rifle range in the United States (110yds). Cullman shooting sports, It’s 2 miles from my house. It also has virtual training that can be used to practice different scenarios or just have fun shooting virtual targets with the family.

4 Likes

Favorite feature? It’s in my back yard, walking distance out my back door !

3 Likes

Todd, after shooting/training, tools away, some really cold barley pop is in order! Also after a hot day of mowing. The darn Canadian sled buddies, got me hooked on their brands.

2 Likes

I have a tendency to brew a batch from time to time. Irish red ale, Pale ale, I customize each of them to be there own awesomeness.

1 Like

My favorite thing about my range is its my backyard. The wife hunts.our property so we get some good looking venison come through the range on occasion

1 Like

ok thank u cause im going to have along of questions soon

1 Like