Everyday carry

FWIW, I use a quick shot of canned compressed air on the optic as needed (or noticed) and wipe everything except the grip with a silicone cloth once in awhile. I think the silicone inhibits static lint collection; works for me.

I shoot my carry gun weekly so it doesn’t get much of a chance to collect debris.

1 Like
  1. I clean it more frequently. I also keep it lubricated.

2. Hoppes

1 Like

I try to use less oil so that it doesn’t continue to attract lint and all the other build-up. I also like to pop my chambered round and mag out every week, to wipe out that build-up, if I haven’t been to the range and cleaned my firearms already.

4 Likes

Some of y’all would be proud of me! I finally cleaned my XDM :rofl:
anigif_sub-buzz-4310-1629902216-1_preview

4 Likes

I started using a Clinger holster which really keeps the crud to a miniscule amount as compared to other IWB holsters that are Kydex or other composite materials. That being said, I will clean my EDC after every time I shoot it which is twice a month

2 Likes

Try wiping it down with a well laundered cloth baby diaper. They won’t leave lint.
Can’t hurt. Might help.

3 Likes

Believe it or not after narrowing it down to the seat covers on my truck, changed them and all is good now. We’ll alone with washing the holster down with soap and water.

2 Likes

I only have to clean my carry once ever month or 2, even less, mostly concealed carry, I also choose between 11 handguns that are available but in regular rotation, 9 based on attire and how much weight I want to pack…

I know a guy though, when he is in, I clean his gun for him weekly…

He somehow gets more lint and crap in his gun in a week than I do in 6 months.

2 Likes

He’s probably carrying it too close to his belly button :rofl:

2 Likes

Put a dryer sheet in his holster😀

3 Likes

Great idea! I used to keep a box of them on my bench when I tied flies. Trying to handle feathers and fur when everything is full of static is impossible. The dryer sheet trick works.

2 Likes

They’re also good in the summertime if you’re working outside you got flies and mosquitoes and s*** buzzing around your head take a big Dana and put a dryer sheet in it and wrap it wrap it up and tie it around your neck

2 Likes

Uh, what? :eyes:

2 Likes

eyeroll-dwight

4 Likes

I think what Nicholas was trying to say is if they had already killed the police

2 Likes

I just thought it was one of those instances where he had rolled his face on the keyboard and that was what came out. But sure… Let’s go with that

5 Likes

:smirk:I wasn’t aware that that situation was present in this case… Lol

3 Likes

Couple passes with a Pro-Shot Products Silicone Cloth is all I use. Keeps friction down and prevents corrosion.

1 Like