Ear Plugs vs Muffs

Just curious how many of you use ear plugs and how many of you use muffs when shooting?

3 Likes

Electronic Earmuffs

7 Likes

I use both, ear plugs and electronic muffs.

12 Likes

Ear Plugs.

they come with higher NNR than muffs.

3 Likes

Indoors I double up

8 Likes

Usually electronic ear muffs, but I will sometimes double up with plugs if I’m around a bunch of rifles indoors.

5 Likes

I use plugs. They work for me.

4 Likes

Usually electronic muffs which is off most of the time unless I’m at the range with someone. I have plugs in my bag in case there are loud rifles beside me.

4 Likes

BOTH!!! Protect your hearing

5 Likes

Both at the same time. However have seen some muffs rated at 37 & going to scoop those up

5 Likes

Walkers Ultimate Power Quads electronic muffs with Bluetooth synced to my iPhone. Several pairs sitting on my desk right now.

5 Likes

Plugs for me. Muffs just don’t fit right with eye protection on for me. I’m eventually going to have a set of custom fit, electronic plugs made.

3 Likes

I have both. I prefer muffs!

2 Likes

I have to use both.

4 Likes

Electronic, noise canceling Ear-Muffs with a Big Can.

1 Like

Plugs all of the way. Cheap. Light. Don’t take up any space. Can pack extras for friends. Muffs make my head pound when they push the glasses against my temples.

4 Likes

@45IPAC

I use this, I’ve shot with sunglasses on for hours and was comfortable all day

Swap out the pads for those gel inserts and it molds around the frames of glasses.

3 Likes

Same here. It’s easy to wear both and I like the extra protection if the plugs come loose.

5 Likes

For anyone so inclined…

4 Likes

Walker’s electronic muffs

2 Likes