Dry Fire practicing inside your home

Hello good afternoon I was just wondering if there is a cartridge that you can put in your firearm to safely use for dry fire inside your home at a Target for practice are there any good brands that are recommended I’m just looking to save money and time

4 Likes

I use these dummy rounds for dry fire and malfunction training. They seem to be holding up well.

6 Likes

Thank u

2 Likes

Try also laser cartridge - this one is perfect to practice accuracy and good grip.

6 Likes

But, it’s not compatible with Hi Point pistols. Using this product with Hi Point pistols will result in damage to the sensor.

:wink:

3 Likes

Yeah, this cartridge is not compatible with any of high-end and sophisticated firearms, Hi-Point and SCCY included.
@Everette1 forgot to mention what kind of firearm is using… and we might haven’t point the correct training tools.

4 Likes

Springfield full size 3.8 XDM elite

2 Likes

Laser ammo is a great option. Barrel Blok and snap caps (linked here) are also great, inexpensive tools to ensure your firearm is clear when you’re doing dry fire training.

3 Likes

A couple of things about this item…

The Pink Rhino is available through Mantis directly, and they’re a USCCA supporter; they offer a discount to USCCA members.

Buy direct and support them.

This works with Mantis’s Laser Academy app. They also offer free target downloads. It looks like a great system — I’m waiting for my own to arrive tomorrow.

Oh, and I should add that they’re awesome to work with. Excellent customer support.

3 Likes

@Jerzy

Just found out from @Alces_Americanus ’ shared link that it’s also not compatible with Ruger SR series
I wonder why considering the SR series had a good run last decade.

OMG… :scream: I thought it was a joke… but it was real :zipper_mouth_face:
I’m wondering what can be different in Ruger SR or Hi Point that makes it incompatible… It’s like having incompatible 9MM ammo for 9MM firearm … :smirk:

1 Like

My S&W Easy Slide .380 does not recommend dry fire wirh it, so I bought a dry fire practice pistol with the training info from USCCA.

1 Like

@Jerzy
The only requirement when dry-firing SR pistols is always with magazine inserted.

1 Like

Great handgun for dry fire !
Buy snap caps and laser cartridge and enjoy home practice. :+1:

Mag disconnect … but still I don’t get why cannot use laser cartridge… :thinking:

1 Like

My Pink Rhino laser cartridge arrived today. Just tested out the app, and it all looks pretty good. A different kind of feedback than the regular MantisX app. This one actually sees where you hit the target, and records your score and time.

2 Likes