Dry Fire Mag

Does anyone have any experience with this tool or thoughts on how they may like it…

With ammo prices I’m looking at stepping up my dry fire practice at this at face value seems to be a good investment.

3 Likes

I was going to buy one for my Glock 17. Until I read this: “Please note, firing pin activated laser trainers will not work with the DryFireMag.
So it would really serve me no purpose since I use the G-Sight system. And… for over $100 I’ll just keep racking my slide manually.

1 Like

DryFireMag resets your trigger, so there is no need to rack the slide every time you press the trigger.
Good tool for trigger practice, holster draws, presentation - whenever you want to press the trigger multiple times.
You cannot use it with laser cartridge.

2 Likes

I don’t use a laser cartridge or any other device. May add mantis x later but seems they have a magazine for that system

1 Like

I think (maybe I’m mistaken) MantisX TRT Mag simulate loaded mag only (so slide doesn’t lock back). It doesn’t allow multiple trigger press in striker handgun.

2 Likes

I have never saw or heard of it but it seems good to keep up your shooting skills. I have a Glock 43 which is a single stack mag so it won’t serve me, but for the price I think it’s worth giving it a shot, no fun intended, it will keep your skills sharp.

If you just want to avoid slide lock, have a look at BarrelBlok. Its super cheap and simple. It sits in the top of the mag and is just big enough to keep the slide lock from engaging, but doesnt interfere with anything else. It does not reset your trigger though. You can buy off their website or its available on Amazon and most other stores that sell firearms accessories

2 Likes

UPDATE: Been using for about a week. So far love this thing. Very customizable to feel like your trigger. Found a couple flinches I wasnt aware of. I’m curious how the dry fire practice affects actual accuracy. I’ve never put much effort into dry fire till now.

3 Likes

My opinion is the dry for mag wasn’t worth the price and it doesn’t work with the laser bullet. I use a laser bullet and bought a SIrt pistol also to dry with.

1 Like

I wish they made magazines for my pistols. I’ve got the Mantis Blackbeard X for my AR-15 platform and love it. I’ve got all the Mantis products but have to manually rack the pistols between shots. I’m looking at getting the coolfire systems since I can get that for my S&W M&P Shield Plus 9mm. I would recommend any for the tools that help you dry fire practice and not have to manual rack your gun for better experience.

1 Like