Drugs and agressors

Let’s slow this train down here. As it relates to this specific drug combination–this is a combination of opiates–not psychedelics. They will depress you and slow you down and blunt your pain. You’ll be dealing with a junkie who is unable to do much of anything (that’s if they live through it).
They are not dissociatives–PCP, LSD, mushrooms.
Fentanyl is absorbed through the skin and a very very very small amount will be able to OD you.
The dealers everywhere are putting fentanyl in many illicit street drugs–heroin for sure, but also in cocaine and marijuana.
there was a LEO in Columbus who touched some laced pot and needed 4 doses of Narcan in the field. Scary stuff.
Here’s some advice–add some Narcan training to your docket and go to the local pharmacy and pick some up.
As far as addicts–very desperate people with little to live for. I have a spot in my heart for them, having worked behavioral health. Dangerous–absolutely. All they want is money for drugs.

1 Like

@Spence @Aaron25 guess what I’m doing this weekend:

1 Like

NICE!!! Thank you for caring enough to get your hands dirty!

1 Like

@Aaron25 there’s nothing I hate more than knowing there’s something I could be doing and not having the skill or the knowledge to do it. :heart:
And I’m blaming @Spence because 4 days ago I didn’t even know this was a thing :smiley:

3 Likes

So, let me say it this way–after working in healthcare my entire professional life, “I know a friend” whose son ended up a heroin addict at 16. They went through hell with rehab, stealing from them, etc.
Good news is he’s clean almost 4 years, in a serious relationship, has his AA degree, working full time.
It really changed our perception of a ‘bad person’ addict. We went to 9 or 10 funerals of people he met in rehab in the first couple of years who relapsed and ODed.
Lessons learned:
I am very thankful for my gun safes.
I pray none of you ever have to go through that, but if you do, I’m praying for you.

4 Likes

You are correct in many areas and I thank you. I have many friends that have cleaned their lives up and we all know what death is… There is a New Heroin out in our world and it 1000’s of times more stronger than morphine. OPIATES is at it worse of abuse.

I hope you never have to face a MASS SHOOTER on any thing that will impossible to stop. My notes where to help other people, not get the lost and confuse… Forgive me… Some one destroyed my help and points. If it was not for you and our instructor’s a nightmare will only get worse.

1 Like

@Zee

In all fairness, I wasn’t asked…lol

1 Like

Narcan, unless the rules have changed drastically, has been given as a diagnostic tool when EMS arrives on scene to a downed and unresponsive subject
I mean as In within the year and a bit.

There’s no harm in it. Side effects are minimal and you can’t OD on Narcan.

The big change is the drastic increase in the number of people who OD on opioids.

We carried it in our medic kits and that was one of the first things we did to a downed and unresponsive patient. I know, that’s why I was saying it being given as a diagnostic tool to a downed and unresponsive subject. If they pop up or start moving, more Narcan. If no movement you can tick narcotic off possible symptom sheet.

I have Addison’s, so when I have a crisis I present initially as a narcotic od. I may even respond a bit to Narcan, but that’s due to body being ignored, and then manipulated. So if EMS thinks I’m an OD I’m on my way to dying. Because they usually follow up with activated charcoal and Ipecac, which all increase my stress and add to the stress hormones which were what put me down in the first place.

Very few EMS workers actually check for medical ID anymore, it seems.

There is a million pieces of information here and spell check has gone crazy to correct errors.

I respect everyone here that share their part of life and their renewal and testimonials. Well done !

Narcotics and mixtures of medications screws and destroys the mind and body, it also destroys vital organs, such heart :heart: and kidneys also. Thank everyone here and their knowledge and recovery. There are many combinations of meds, but one hell.