Doomsday Today

This is the one we’re looking at:

It’s a bit pricey, but it’s built to industrial standards and will run 24/7. It’ll handle larger volume than the (multiple) dehydrators I’ve got running, and lots of things the dehydrator doesn’t work for.

adding this link to their videos:

@Mr.Spock I’m sympathetic with her story - most of my life-threatening illnesses turned out to be what I was eating and what I was exposed to. Unfortunately, many of those foods are now IgE allergies, which means I’ll never get them back. On the other hand, I have gotten a lot better and some of those foods are back in my diet. It was Freakin’ Hard Work figuring it out, but I’m healthier than I’ve been in years and years. BTW, some of us actually do require drugs or supplements you can’t get in food - much as I hate it, my genetics are broken in a couple of areas and that just is what it is. But definitely with you on not being in the pharma-zone if it can be avoided any other way.

@Dawn

Thanks for the heads up on that deal, I just stocked up on it them. Lemonade is my favorite.

My brother turned me onto that stuff. Former Navy and now college student… he recommended it. I tried it and love it.

I’ve tested it on friends who were dragging their feet in the early afternoon from staying up all night. Gave them a partial scoop of my secret mix (gfuel) and been told the next day they got such an energy boost they felt natural and no crash at all.

I treat coworkers to it when needed and they love it.

Another product I recommend is Sqwincher liquid packets. I buy whatever flavor is cheapest at the time.

They work great, if you ever feel the heat. Dehydrated, cant think straight. You tear the top on a packet. Fill packet to line with water and drink. Couple seconds and it revives you to a clear mind to think and seek cover from the heat…

Sqwincher Fast Pack Liquid Concentrate Electrolyte Replacement Beverage Mix, Cool Citrus 015310-CC (4 Boxes of 50) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001F23QNU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_tAENCb27GP1V6

1 Like

We do take supplements since today’s food supply is lacking so much. Some foods have been engineered to be unhealthy, like wheat that has been engineered to have 10 times the gluten as normal. Some have the fiber and Omega 3’s removed to provide long shelf life. You have to take supplements to put back what has been removed. Supplements are OTC so we stock up on those.

I have had more than one doctor get mad at me because I ask for data that proved the drug would cure me and not just cover up the problem. I went to my herbalist, for a heart problem the doctors could not cure, as we were chatting he told me he has not found a disease of the body he has not be able to cure. That statement started my wife and I on a quest to learn herbs and oils. May not work for everyone but so far that has has worked well for us. PS: he cured the heart problem.

2 Likes

I’ve vacuum packed multivitamins, got about 6lbs of honey presently. Couple bottles if allergy meds and pain killers (I’m not allergic but the allergy meds could help and do help with bee stings and such).

Next thing I will be stocking up on is meds. One will be slow to stock up on but I can use caffeine as an alternative and another will be easy to save up (in 3 months I can get enough for 6 months and this stuff is vital to my functioning).

I got myself 12 one pound containers of iodized salt. Vacuum packed in packages of 2 with moisture absorbers.

One thing I’ll probably add is a few cartons of cigarettes that I will vacuum seal. I dont smoke but they would be great for bartering and such for those people out there who do…

Also going to start getting and sealing bags or buckets of sugar and flour plus other needed cooking supplies.

It is said that most people have Vitamin D3 deficiencies, that is probably a good one to stock up on as in an energy, your probably not going to be in the sun a lot.

1 Like

I’m gonna invest in a bandana to descize myself to rob you guys. :wink:

My brother in law is a pastor at a country church a couple hours from me I would get my belongings and my mom head out to their place, they have church members who are farmers and hunters I would then try to contact my aunt who owns a cabin if needed. I live in the suburbs of major cities but it’s all country south of us, but yeah this question gets you thinking. I need to buy more ammo and supplies just In case

This he says to the —>> CC forum << — :joy: :rofl: :rofl:
Well if you show up here, all I can say is bring a bedroll, your extra ammo, muck boots and come prepared to help us work the farm. I’ve got fence that needs fixin’ and cows that gotta be fed :laughing:

5 Likes

Never mended fences and feed cows or rode a horse… But id be down to give it a go… Lol

2 Likes

@Tankrachet86 you’re on :smile: It’s fencing season :smile:

2 Likes

I use to hobby farm so I have done all of those things (most of the time it was not fun) but you do what you have to do.

On a side note:
I asked a farmer once what he would do if he ever one the lottery. His answer was “farm until it was gone”.

6 Likes

Honestly, my wife and I would be screwed. With medical issues and other stuff to consider we’d have to stay here and hope for the best. A bug-out bag is a good idea if you had somewhere to bug-out to. If the disaster was an EMP, you’d have no way to get anywhere, even if you had some where to go. Whether an EMP or an attack on the power grid, you could only go as far as the gas in tank of your “old” pre 1970 car would take you, then what? Park your car, plant flowers?
Hunker down, ration what you have. Hopefully you have enough reserves to ration. Protect yourself and what you have left and pray.

@Mike

Why I love my van, it’s an '87 all mechanical engine, geared timing diesel. I can run it on waste motor oil, waste vegetable oil, diesel, and such. Have a few hundred gallons of veggie oil so I’m good on fuel for a bit.

3 Likes

Humm… never really gave this much thought or not as much as I should. Since I’m a truck driver and never really know what I’m going to be do doing from one day to the next I’m never more than 7 hours from the house and would have to figure out a way to to get home. I always carry and have no less than 30 rounds of ammo on me at all times so that might work for a bit. As for survival food and water I’m at goose eggs right now (meaning I have nothing) and if I was able to get home I live in a high population city and don’t know how I could get to my families farm up in Kentucky over 3 hours away by car. Guess I’ll have to evaluate the situation and just go with what I can come up with as a plan at the spur of the moment.

3 Likes

… we’ve actually got those :wink:
it’s spring and the geese (and chickens, and ducks) have started to lay :joy:
Since you travel, what would it take to get home? what if you had to walk?

It would probably be a days journey if not more depending on how everyone is acting. I know I should carry more ammunition for such a situation as we always have the threat of a major earthquake on the New Madrid fault and that would destroy a lot of the bridges/overpasses and cut off many major routes home.

Going from where I work now to home, I’d have to cross the New Madrid too - I don’t think there’s a path on my 800 mile trip that doesn’t include it. gonna have to check though, now that you’ve mentioned it @Damon

@Damon I’m also a truck driver I’m at furthest 10 to 12 hrs from home but like you said I have nothing for survival maybe we need to up our game!

2 Likes

@Casey What makes it harder for me is I’m in a day cab and don’t have any room in there for extra anything since I have a crate with the oil, washer fluid, straps, ect that we have to use while out. I’m in a no win situation if the :poop: hits the fan and I’m not home.

2 Likes

In my company vehicle, usually at most I’m 60 miles from home, most of the time in the 20-30 range. I know the roads and back roads out here fairly well.

Fortunately, with my line of work, if things look like their going south, I can just pack and go, head towards home, even if it means leaving equipment behind…

One thing I do almost always with slight exception. My work and personal vehicles always have minimum 1/2 tank of fuel. My personal vehicles get filled after every trip and when I hit 3/4 tank I fill them. Work van gets down the 1/2 it gets filled. Rarely has it been lower than half.

Helps with fuel economy, I also reset the trip meter after every fill to roughly calculate mileage and how many miles are left on the tank of fuel…

3 Likes