Doomsday Today

CB and Ham radio.

2 Likes

I’ll ask you in a few days for an updated photo! :grin: :sunglasses: gotta admit, it would be cool to do!
Looks like a decent sized lake. What kinda fish?

2 Likes

Crappie, blue gill, catfish, bass. It’s a great fishing spot.

2 Likes

Compass and maps

We we’re familiar with the area it was more gear testing and seeing if what we packed worked.

2 Likes

I should add that I have 2 buyout bags. A small one for clothes. Because if you think about what you wear everyday to work it’s probably not gonna suit the woods very well.

2 Likes

If you have food stored, why would you leave it with nothing but a small bag. To me fortifying your home where you have food stored would be better than driving until you can out of gas. The live off the land thing is funny, 99% of people that say it have never tried it for a day.

We build a home away from cities that would be hit first and hardest in an area that does not need A/C and does not get real cold, away from hurricane, tornado, etc. Google maps can not find us.
Home has passive solar heat and will try to go off the gird.
The home is easy to protect and I have many sensors that let me know when people are around.
We are now storing things without expiration dates. Sheets, cloths, T-paper, soaps, ammo etc.
Started a garden and will expand it each year.
Next will be food with long expiration dates.

Anyway this makes for sense to me than grabbing a small bag and running.

1 Like

I recently got myself a new toy/tool, worth its weight in gold, got a friend that sells them a bit over cost, MSRP of roughly $1200, I got mine for a total of roughly $750 after I bought a pelican case, smart charger that can charge via micro usb, and 8 rechargeable CR123A Lipos.

Leupold LTO Thermal Tracker HD. Day or night, see people or animals coming for hundreds of yards by their body heat. The better the thermal variance, the greater the visibility.20190316_194154

Picture is of a man on a roof holding a rope for a pinata at a distance of only 40 yards roughly.

2 Likes

I hope that wasn’t on your gun when you were looking at him!

2 Likes

You forgot to give the rest of us the address.

3 Likes

@James. It is a monocular device that is not rated for recoil and you will void your warranty by mounting to a firearm.

I use the crosshairs to focus on what I’m looking at… No firearm mounting.

1 Like

@fish. You’ll never find them. :wink:

20190325_233158 20190325_233958
20190325_234601 20190326_000106 20190326_001431 20190326_002634

Took inventory of the majority of my emergency supplies but I still have enough to fill 2 more totes easily and a lot more water plus water filtration…

Looks like you’re pretty prepared, @Orpackrat. I agree about adding the water filtration. That was going to be my one question for you - and the fact that there’s not nearly enough Monster there. :slight_smile:

We like our caffeine at the USCCA headquarters. :coffee:

I actually have it set up with a group of people… We would be caravaning. Total around 20 people 10 shooters 4 kids some others along for the ride. That way if we have to move there are designated teams and who goes in to clear locations making sure its safe for our families.

1 Like

@Dawn

I have a number of life straws and some other filters, going to get some others as well.

Monster is for emergencies, a boost on the go. G-Fuel is where the caffeine is at. Good stuff and cheaper than monster…

Next on my list is to stock up on, popcorn and probably get a corn mill.

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion! I’ve given up canned energy drinks, most soda, and my fu-fu coffee in an effort to get healthier. Flavored water doesn’t have caffeine and taste blah to me.

I can read all of the ingredients in G-Fuel and they have good reviews, so I just ordered some online!

Their website had a buy one get one deal right now and some interesting mix suggestions. https://gfuel.com/

2 Likes

that’s a fact. and if they’re storing food, they’ve never actually lived on what they stored. We ended up doing exactly that for nearly 4 months - had a financial situation where we had just spent everything moving across country, hubby wasn’t employed yet, and the company I was working contract for was bought by a big company and went from paying net 15 days to net 90 days :grimacing: so we lived on our emergency preparedness stores for that time - pretty much bought nothing for food, dry goods, supplies. The first thing I’ll tell you is that it doesn’t work the way you think it does. Second thing is even if you plan hard (we did), you still aren’t storing all the right stuff.

If you’re storing food and supplies, I really recommend you spend a month or two living on what you’ve stored. Or longer. you will get an education.

I’ve got a slew of food allergies so pretty much all prepackaged meals are out for me. Most ‘emergency storage’ food, meals, packages and kits are full of things I can’t eat. Next big purchase for us is a home freeze dryer so I can do a more efficient job of putting things up, things I’ll actually be able to eat.

2 Likes

Zee, I agree. We have a book that is a diary of families during the depression. It tells a different story.

My wife had a lot of food allergies. Went to doctors and there only solution was a lot of meds. We found that it was caused by chemicals in the foods. We eat as much organic as possible and Non GMO when we can not get organic and look at the ingredients when we cannot get the others. We also started making our own probiotics to get our gut health healed. Her food allergies are gone and we are off ALL meds.
It is my opinion that if you require drugs, you are controlled by Big Pharm and the Government.

When I was still in the Army… In a pinch in the field we would use excedrine for the caffine and to help combat the withdrawls and body pain of ling marches…

Im getting MRE’s (meals ready to eat) by the case. In a SHTF scenario, 1 case would last me about a month. So having multiple cases to to last my family for months would be ok for me. But i like the idea of freeze drying food, im gonna look into that since my kids would probably hate MRE’s…