Don't go to the mall after cleaning your gun

Good point and I agree, start to finish.

I think I might disagree with ‘private property’ only in the specific case of renters with a lease, IE, apartment owner maybe should not be able to prohibit people who live there from having firearms.

4 Likes

I responded with the term “Private Property” directly to @Russ in his post #18.

Malls are not “Public Property”, so they fall within Private Property rights. Mall owners lease to store fronts. There are probably two tiers to their level of abhorration of firearms for self defense. The owner of the Mall sets the policy for all because they control the main access points into the mall. And anyone who signs a lease within that mall must adhere to their rules.

If we were discussing and apartment, I would agree with you. But, we’re discussing shopping malls.

After all, they so very concerned with your safety that they have set up all of these “Gun Free Zones” (Sarcasm)

Stay safe out there.

2 Likes

This doesn’t pass the “smell” test.

4 Likes

Pretty easy these days, if I cannot carry, I do not enter unless I really need too. The mall is definitely a place I do not need to enter.

4 Likes

I haven’t been to a “Mall” in over a year! Who needs it?!? I’ve got local places to go shopping, and giving the locals my business stimulates the economy and puts dollars into the pockets and bank accounts of my friends and neighbors…ESPECIALLY my favorite gun shops!! (-:

3 Likes

You are 100% correct. However, does the private business have the right to violate your privacy by forcing you through a metal detector, gun- or drug-smelling dogs, like it is a Gulag work camp. How about a gentle patdown from all-too-eager private security?
There is a line where public decency is violated and shopping experience become more like a ride with Nazi guards. Gotta stop with the dogs. Hopefully, someone can articulate a lawsuit against that mall

1 Like

Or you can simply choose not to patronize that business if they ever were to institute some of those measures that you outlined.

All of which I might add, have a slim chance of happening in the private sector.

Stay safe.

3 Likes

Not patronize, protest in front of the doors calling for boycott, sue them for all kinds of mental injuries caused by their behavior, harass suppliers and service crews. Not saying I would do it, but why should wannabe gulag be left alone? After all, we’ve seen some effective examples of how to express your displeasure at a business, from the Colorado bakery, to the blm bullhorn.

4 Likes

Yes, they do, if you choose to go there.

If you are offended by those measures, do not go there.

It’s a dog that sniffs out guns where the property owner doesn’t want guns. Not exactly a gulag work camp

3 Likes

@Nathan57 I do not disagree. Just saying, I don’t like (to put it mildly) a public servicing business acting this way, it is counter to my idea of what a civilized society should look like. Hopefully more people choose not to ignore it, and express their displeasure via legal channels.

2 Likes

Absolutely

2 Likes

I don’t go places that are Gun Free Zones. But I have been known to send a store a copy of a receipt from a purchase at one of their competitors with a note telling them why the lost the sale.

7 Likes

Of course, that’s what I said. They have that right. If they find you’re carrying, all they can do is ask you to leave.

3 Likes

I do no go to any mall before or after cleaning a gun.

3 Likes

Our local mall claims to have dogs as well (I haven’t seen one). They have incorrect no gun signs set up as well. They had two murderers run through the mall after ditching there car from a police chase a few months ago. They got away that day too (not sure if they’ve been caught since). I almost went to the mall that day with my family.

1 Like

I do not go to the mall unless I need to and when I do go I carry concealed. Perps go there too and they carry.

1 Like

When I was growing up, there were mall rats. Now we have mall perps.

2 Likes

Be careful what you wish for.

Malls, as privately-owned properties, have the right to ban certain activities on their premises, just like I do in my own home. If we take away the right for a private-mall-property owner to limit gun carrying, we also seriously infringe on the right to determine what goes on in our own homes.

I highly doubt any of us would want someone to freely walk into our house and do whatever the heck they want.

Malls do have the right to restrict carrying guns by anyone, even good, responsible CCW carrying folks. I, for one, would rather carry legally in malls (and routinely do) so I can defend against a perp who carries illegally.

But that’s our world, folks. The good guys suffer because of bad guys actions. It’s always been that way and will likely never change.

1 Like

What’s a mall, is that like Amazon with doors?! Or is it a place to get mauled?

2 Likes

It’s where you get fresh soft pretzels on the way to the movie theater

2 Likes