Does USCCA offer an Instructor Certificate to teach Basic Pistol training?

Basically the question is in the title

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @Roof_Vietnamese
Paging @Jerzees to the customer service desk :grinning:

6 Likes

Most people come in to say “HI” first, on the first date. :laughing:

@Roof_Vietnamese Welcome to our community, we are glad to have you here. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

typically, this falls under the CCHDF’s instructor’s course. It gives you 3 certificates with USCCA, basic handgun, CCW essentials, and home defense. It’s the very first Instructors certification course you take on the path to become a USCCA instructor. I took mine a few months ago and became certified myself, I have been planning to add their new first aid certification in the near future as well.

7 Likes

@Jerzees is here… and to be honest… I do not have idea.
I got this certificate from NRA an I’m happier… because I won’t lose it, not having certain amount of students trained by me.

A 2023-10-24 21-53-07

BTW - Welcome to the Community ! :handshake:

7 Likes

Welcome

2 Likes

I earned NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting (BoPS) Instructor first, met my USCCA Training Counselor because of contacts through the NRA efforts, and became CCHDF Instructor about a year after NRA. There are plusses and minuses to both programs, and I think every instructor who wants to teach handgun 101 type courses would be well served to have both credentials. This includes folks who just want to give basic, often informal, instruction to friends and family.
Which one you get first doesn’t really matter.
NRA has a very specific course that you must teach exactly as they have laid out; you must teach the entire course, but you can add content. USCCA gives you a much more flexible curriculum, from which you can teach several basic courses, plus extract each specific topic module as a short mini-course.
I prefer the way NRA designs the slides over the CCHDF slides; the latter are too wordy, using lots of full paragraphs instead of bullet points for the instructor to talk about. (My preference comes from about 50 years of training & experience as a public speaker and classroom teacher.) That said, USCCA has a much more complete range of topics in the course, which I do like.
Don’t worry about the 20 students per year deal. Get the skills to use as you like. Using the mini-classes is a good way to knock out your student numbers. Two buddies taking a one hour mini class each week for a month is 8 students.

5 Likes

I don’t think there is a “basic pistol training” by name but I do believe most start with CCHDF (concealed carry and home defense fundamentals) as mentioned above.

CCHDF starts with the basics, and is very similar to this exceptionally well versed book

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Roof_Vietnamese and we are glad to have you among us.

3 Likes

its not just “very similar”, its literally the CCHDF text book for the class. Some instructors structure their price to include a text book, others just offer them for sale if students want them.

4 Likes