Does having a large number of tattoos indicate emotional or mental health issues?

Does having a large number of tattoos indicate emotional or mental health issues?

2 Likes

What is a large number?

5 Likes

Where are they placed?

6 Likes

What are they of?

6 Likes

Do they rub off?

8 Likes

Yes, No, Maybe. Context would help.

6 Likes

My father refers to buying lottery tickets as the “stupid tax” so maybe it’s not the number vs the $ amount and perpetual spending on said items?

3 Likes

It depends what the tattoos say and when they were applied. People’s brains change far quicker than tattooed skin.

5 Likes

Tattoos should tell a story about the person wearing them.

6 Likes

Right now I’m thinking that creating 12 threads in 3 days may indicate emotional or mental health issues more than having a large number of tattoos.
This is the theory that came to my mind after I spoke with few friends visiting our Community. :neutral_face:
They promised to check this Forum and make the observation for next few days to prove the theory is true. :ok_hand:

12 Likes

Perhaps a certain someone’s access to a keyboard should be taken away , without due process :wink:.

9 Likes

Now, now. We should be helpful and introduce the person to tiktok, farcebook, and YouTube so they can play with other juveniles. Maybe even substitute teaching? Earn some dough with all they’re English teaching skills.

6 Likes

good idea…and thinking of the 300 plus total crap emails I get every day…despite their age, someone’s got a bright future!

5 Likes

Well, tattoos are not mentioned anywhere in the DSM5, so no.

6 Likes

I’ve thought about getting a tattoo but the voices in my head keep giving me mixed Messages.

HAPPY Voices <<

6 Likes

One more thing. Some People that Appear to be normal and seem to fit into society have done bad things; look at the Boston Strangler. You see it on the news “ oh Bla Bla was a good neighbor ect “
I call them Sleepers.
PS: I don’t think the kids that shoot up people in School have tattoos :question:
PSS: if that nut didn’t shoot up Sandy Hook School and that asshole cop were stoped this Country would be a Heap better you think.

Na ; Tattoos are only skin deep you see.

3 Likes

The DSM5 is outdated.

Do you use it in your profession?

2 Likes
2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s the current release. It’s the one we use in all of our clinical evaluation’s.

3 Likes