The other day I saw a video of a man who took a Glock to a gun smith at a shop. The woeker, John, found a lot of little things wrong with it, but many were after market replacement parts. He made all of the repairs. As an amateur, I was astonished of how much he knew about all the internal components.
I could not help but think, if only that gun smith could inspect and disassemble many of those Sig 320’s, I’d be fascinated to see what he finds. He was:
John Schmitt, of Johhny Custom Glocks, Sarasota, FL
Another theory floating around is the Swiss Cheese affect leading to non-purposeful/un-commanded discharge.
2 Likes
Does Sig USA make those, though?
Sig is three different entities. The USA version is the one I refuse to have a single thing from
2 Likes
Yes P226 and P229 are US made.
P226 and P229 were originally design in Germany but they always targeted for US Market, especially P226 being US Military service pistol.
SIGARMS (then SIG SAUER USA) started manufacturing these pistols over 30 years ago, so I’m guessing there is very little of German Made P226 and P229 handguns used.. probably mostly by Arms Collectors.
Recently SIG announced “P226 Legion SAO” and “P229 Legion SAO” models → and these are even better than regular ones.
1 Like
This madness must stop now. 
People started believing in P320 
2 Likes
So what’s up with this. If it was an uncommanded discharge, it should have been ruled an accident and case closed.
Curious if more to the story of the airmans tragic death
3 Likes
Alot of influencers make money off content…obviously. They won’t go against public opinion. I lost respect for hickock 45 when he said he never had issues with 320 but yet said they are unsafe.
Protecting their asses. I always said I want the back story on all these discharges
4 Likes
The airman that was arrested was charged with making a false official statement, obstruction, and Involuntary manslaughter. So, apparently the investigators uncovered some details that weren’t in the initial release of information. On the surface it seems that this one may be heading in the direction of an ND rather than an AD, but we’ll have to wait and see what further info comes out.
2 Likes