Do you need an Acountabilibuddy

Since I posted the weekly training challenge topic, I haven’t been to the Range to shoot (heckle away!) and I’m wondering who else has been slacking?

As I’m trying to think of different ways to get my butt on the range at least bi-weekly, a thought hit me. I need an accountabilibuddy!

When we start training at the USCCA after being hired we sometimes have an “accountabilibuddy” who is also in training so we can help keep each other on track with our training.

Are you all on top of your training like you want to be? Or would an accountabilibuddy be helpful for you?

2 Likes

I actually took an advanced handgun class three weeks ago. I try to do dry fire training every night but, I’m not always able to.

2 Likes

Me, unless you could last weekend about 120rd of shotgun, few mags of 9mm, couple dozen .410, and some .22lr.

A friend wanted to shoot my grandfather 1897 Full Choke Shotgun and I got a partial break in on my VR80.

Going next weekend with a different set to shoot.

1 Like

I have been slacking too. This time of the year in Wisconsin is the worst @Dawn. Cabin fever sucks. I’ll give you a couple reminders, and I bet if you go to the range after work tomorrow, you’ll feel good about yourself. You know, like the normals feel when going to the gym or furniture shopping. :joy:

2 Likes

I’ll be there on Sunday - if it’s slow I’ll hit the range. I’ve got dinner plans with my mom tomorrow and I don’t want to break plans with her. And the plans weren’t at the range this time. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Where are you guys going? Your mom shoots? My mom says she wants to go to the range with me, but had a bad incident with guns and is just starting to be comfortable with them. I’m going to take her out with my .22 rifle and work her on up, especially since my dad and her want to buy a tiny house and go travel, they are looking into conceal carrying.

1 Like

My mom has shot with me a couple of times now. She likes the .22 because it’s easy and fun. My 9 mm is good too, but not as “fun”. LOL!

2 Likes

Yeah, what I should really do is have her look into going to ROR for the womans day thing.

2 Likes

I def.need to get more range time …I’m always after my fiance to go lol but usually after being gone on the road for the week trucking I cant get off the sofa!

3 Likes

For me, going to the range is a money thing. I’ll get overtime tomorrow, so next Thursday the paycheck will be a little bigger. Its why my next purchase will be a .22. Cheap ammo, lots more range practice. Accountability is never a bad thing. I’m good for anyone who needs reminders now and then.

2 Likes

Made a commitment after getting certified to teach through USCCA to get weekly range time. Took a couple weeks to get organized but I’m on it now.
Signed up for The Well Armed Woman group and they do a couple things a month (going tomorrow) plus been going to ladies night (once a month). And making 1 night a week minimum to go do accuracy drills.
Paid for the upgraded membership at the range, so my fees went up but my range time is free. Net gain there… since I’m having to buy more ammo now.
Started keeping a range log too, so hopefully that’ll help keep me motivated.

2 Likes

Never heard the phrase before but it makes sense. It’s a lot easier to make excuses not to do something if no one else is counting on you.

A training partner is always a very good idea and moreso if you’re like me and do most of your training on your own rural range with no one else around.

We’re taught from a very early age not to swim alone because of the risk of drowning and as rare as firearms accidents are they are potentially deadly and they are more common than drowning accidents.

1 Like

Take mom shooting then to dinner? :grin:

1 Like

Bulk 9mm is awfully cheap and will give you a more realistic experience than shooting a .22. Both are of course practice but if you’re budget is really limited then you might consider shooting a 9 just to keep your training contextual and as similar to your carry weapon as possible.

3 Likes

I’m working on getting her to the range more often, but sometimes ya just gotta go with the flow and not push. She likes shooting the 22. I think I’m going to introduce her to the 1911 the range and for rent next time we go. The weight makes it a fun gun to shoot. And I’m going to bring my kids- she can’t say no to her grandkids. :rofl:

2 Likes