Do YOU know what to do when the rioters get to YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD?

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd made the same announcement.
He went as far as to tell his citizens that if they have to shoot and kill home invaders…or even rioters in your yards, or those destroying your home, cars and property…quote, “Blow their asses away! Our department WILL NOT charge anyone for having to do this to protect themselves from these criminals!”

4 Likes

So, for all the folks on here that live in high risk areas that could have been targeted, what’s the status from last night? Did any of the little monsters come? I’m going to guess not as I’m pretty sure they just want to steal stuff out of stores a bit more than they want to be confronted by a Dad with his shotgun.

Once again, I fall back to my advice to everyone here, move to the country. It is SO NICE living in a rural area. You may have a little bit longer drive into work but that’s what Audible and XM radio are for. Home school the kids, grow a fun garden, get some chickens, I’ve added YEARS to my life, I don’t miss the suburbs at all. :slight_smile:

All USCCA members are welcome out here.

6 Likes

This has lead to a great conversation! I agree with the first premise that avoidance is the best option. I am not scared of crowds but I also try to stay on the fringes and am always keeping escape options open.

7 Likes

I LOVE this Antifa Ass Busting video soooo much…I have added it to a collection of like videos I have saved and will eventually burn on to a very entertaining DVD !:joy::rofl::sweat_smile::laughing:

2 Likes

This is Brooklyn, NY

2 Likes

That’s a literal militia, for any of you with friends that are still confused by the 2nd Amendment.

4 Likes

Have gun will practice castle law

1 Like

I’ve got a single road with a point of entry on both ends. I’ve got good visibility to the front of the house facing the road, so-so visibility to the back where I can see my neighbors to the left and right, but there is some concealment/cover in the form of trees and a storm drain/ditch. Visibility to the sides is poor which makes defending against a group of people who want to burn my house down difficult if not impossible.

There are several potential points of entry on the ground floor and basement levels, but a single stairway which is my primary point of resistance and a room at the end of a long defensible hallway that is my fallback position in case of home invasion.

The problem is that unlike a home invasion, you can’t play for time as more rioters will gather and they can just set my house on fire. This means if rioters show up, the plan is to fight our way to the car and get somewhere else as quickly as possible.

1 Like

@Fizbin
I checked out the for sale site…I need more money to go to texas!!! :thinking:

Till then, I can still endorse being out of the city (we just get snow in the winter and measure our land by ‘head per acre’ instead of ‘acres per head’)

2 Likes

A few good hints…

1 Like

You have a beautiful front yard view!!!

What’s funny, if you want cheap land in like Brewster county in west Texas, you can get 20 acres or so for like $3,000. You can even put it on your debit or credit card they advertise.

3 Likes

We’re considered moving to Texas, but could you guys turn down the thermostat? Up here we prefer to fry our bacon inside.

3 Likes

You think this is a riot? Wait till November, if election results won’t be up to protesters’ taste.

3 Likes

No one touches the thermostat! Just get a beer hat…

3 Likes

I don’t mind the heat, but if someone could make the rain take a break, that’d be great!

1 Like

I had no idea this was done. Insanity personified. Fortunately, 30 min drive gets you out of WPB.

2 Likes

As Johnny Carson used to say “But it’s a dry heat”!

3 Likes

I think I need to relocate to the dry part of Texas. It sounds nice!

2 Likes

And as Johnny Carson used to say, “So is an oven, but I wouldn’t want to live in one.”

OK, I don’t recall which comedian said that. I just stuck with Johnny.

1 Like

The mayor is subject to a $5000 fine for violating Florida’s preemption statute.

5 Likes