3 Likes

And it’s probably 50/50
1/2 - yell “Shoot Him Shoot Him”
the other
1/2 - Scream “Oh My God, He Has A Gun”

4 Likes

Agree 100 percent with you brother @Mike164 :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Ever since January 20th we’ve been under threat! Despite the possibility that Dave Chappell could have been killed on a stage, the bad guy gets a pass. Misdemeanor, shmisdemeanor, he got a pass. That’s why we’re constantly under threat!

Favor the bad guy and the good guy is bound to make a mistake. I don’t mean OOOPPS I got you a Pepsi not a Coke. I mean we are in condition red now, when we used to be in a calm aware condition orange! They are coming out of the woodwork at a neighborhood near you!

The ONLY thing we HAD in our favor was the law. Our country is lawless, it’s what they wanted. Being careful could land you in the ground, being alive could land you in jail. Being a bad guy, you have nothing to lose and the V.P. will bail you out! Maybe we’re on the wrong side?

3 Likes

I have read plenty of history and current news about lawless countries to know we aren’t there yet. It’s getting ugly but this is still paradise compared to many times and places. But agree a lot of people sure seem to be working to move us down that path. Intentionally or unintentionally I cannot say. People, especially those in power, are often short sighted and self interested and that always eventually leads to very poor outcomes. I think many are realizing their actions have lead us off the cliff and are now looking for scapegoats to place the blame on during our long drop to the bottom.

I can only control my own actions. So I am doing my best not to contribute to the mess and to shelter my family from the eventual fallout. History and Nature are cyclical. If I’m lucky I may be around to help pick the pieces after the hard landing.

5 Likes

Well I’d say chasing the fleeing suspect who’s in a crowd of people shooting at random people is a highly dangerous and questionable task. Yes you could justify that you were defending others lives, but by doing so you were putting your life in jeopardy.

1 Like

I would not shoot a fleeing person. Wrong DA, snowflake jury and you lose.
Retreat to a safe, defensible position, call the cops and wait and see if he returns before the cops. If he does, then use whatever force you need to protect yourself.

2 Likes

…he may bring his friends with him, and you may be outnumbered and outgunned. Depending on your assailant’s tattoos you may consider meeting up with police away from where the perp last seen you.

2 Likes

A thought… there is a thing that many in the legal system will NOT tell us…

it’s called jury nullification…

the jury hears the case and still REFUSES to convict the accused…

tends to rid us of bad laws… or used to…

comes to us from merry olde IIRC…

got a bad rep back in the 60’s…

seems down in the south juries were allowing racist KKK types to walk after killing a black person…

the juries all to often… refused to convict…

but it’s still on the books… also it was not so easy for attorneys to pick their juries back then…

as it is now… just thought I’d toss that out

Jury nullification occurs when a trial jury reaches a verdict that is contrary to the letter of the law because the jurors either:

• disagree with the law under which the defendant is prosecuted, or
  • believe that the law shouldn’t be applied in the case at hand.
2 Likes

The comments from this post remind me of one of the free legal in person seminars offered by the USCCA. They can be found on their main website. If any one has not yet attending one. I think you’ll very much appreciate it.

Stay safe.

2 Likes

Personally I feel if you come up on a just completed crime and criminal is fleeing don’t shoot. But if you’ve been attacked viciously and can just now get your firearm as he’s done with beating you, shoot the criminal. Laws need to quit supporting recurring criminals.

1 Like

I think you’ve just described two different situations: don’t shoot, because assailant is fleeing; shoot because assailant is not fleeing.
If he is just done with beating you, he is still a thread. If AOJ triad is met, your shooting will be justified.

2 Likes

Shucks…if only she could’ve convinced him to turn around…just sayin…

2 Likes

Agreed.

And in a weird kind of way, we can find reason to be glad the DA pressed this case as hard as he did. Kyle was exonerated in the end, and the right to protect yourself was confirmed. If the DA had done a less “thorough” job, the result might have been more questionable.

1 Like

Well said as long as one is viewing the proceedings from outside the ring. If you are inside the ring, it matters a great deal if the other side is cheating all through the contest. You might still win, but the bitter taste of the other side’s chicanery remains long after the victory. While victory may taste sweeter after the bitter taste of constant cheating all through the contest one is still left with a distrust and disdain for the system that allows such to be carried on as a matter of course. That the whole system is nothing but a game and not the search after truth and justice is what led me to abandon the legal system and pursue another career after 25 years.

3 Likes

Its a sham & we can feel for the women. The way the laws are now fixed to protect all the evil dark heart people out there. The law is one a person turns away and runs, can’t shoot them, because they are no longer a threat. Just think they need to re think that law.

2 Likes

i hear you on that one.

2 Likes