"Armed Man Chases Down Thief, Loses Control Of His Firearm, Gets Shot With His Own Gun"

The story published by Conceal Nation & is one of the reliable sources, I trust. It was posted about 30 minutes ago.

Obviously the man did everything possible wrong in my opinion but, what do you think?
Drop it below!

7 Likes

@Randall318, I agree with you. Every step he did was exactly the opposite to what we are taught as firearm and carry license owners.

3 Likes

^^^^^^ Exactly!

I think the author states it correctly when they made the bold statement declaring permits not to be law enforcement badges(Roberts, 2020).

However, I’ll go as far as to say nothing on earth gives you reasoning to act as the police and if you read this month’s Concealed Carry Magazine, you saw what can happen when people attempt to even HELP police including an off duty LEO.

5 Likes

Oh my, it seems he forgot to show the criminal his concealed carry badge… :grinning:

I am glad nobody was seriously hurt or killed. Lots of fail in that story.

3 Likes

He could have pulled out a “Gun Free Zone” sticker right after he lost his firearm…

3 Likes

I read the article but didn’t have to, to know where this was going.

I think there are a handful of LEO want-to-bes that have their LTC or CCW permits that can’t wait to use their firearm. A recipe for disaster.

I’m thinking all it would have taken would have been, “Hey, you there! Is that your car? I’m calling the cops!” Take out your phone and start taking pictures and they will take off.

1 Like

Mamma always said…stupid is, as stupid does…and that’s all I have to say about that.

2 Likes

I think the thief should be charged with aggravated assault, attempted murder, discharging a firearm during commission of a crime.

2 Likes

We are not police. I don’t trust police that much. Yet, they have cuffs and tools available that we don’t Including the backup and a radio to their own gang of thugs. . This necessary evil is there for a reason. So long as there is no real threat to our existence or someone else, it is not our business to be chasing down a thief.

2 Likes

It all starts with theft. Theft alone is not a valid reason to deploy a firearm, period. Guys like this do more to hurt our cause than help it. That said, I’m glad he survived his stupidity.

4 Likes

You said it! && Agreed @Michael349 & @Paul1!

I’m glad you guys pointed that out! It’s easy to consider the consequences we might face in our personal lives, but remembering other’s lives who are around including that criminal. Leave policing to no other than of course___________!

Quick example: Police issued a statement to private “social justice” groups today, who hunt child predators online in order to expose them or turn them over to police. (Off-target a little, a third party[Non-police agency] turning in evidence is not a violation to your rights) Point: Police told them to STOP because though it seems like they are helping they are actually running them off and not allowing the police to catch them…

We are not superheroes nor vigilantes…remember that!

2 Likes

However, there is a real reason to reevaluate whether or not he should be allowed to carry concealed or public carry anymore.

1 Like

Regardless he needs counseling and proper training if he does!

1 Like

Hey Michael, here’s where I struggle with your premise. The right to bear arms shall not be infringed. The Constitution is crystal-clear. This guy is a total doofus, and probably should NOT possess a firearm. But at the end of the day, he did not commit a crime. He did not harm others. If a reputable group … the USCCA, GOA, NRA, or local sheriff … were to evaluate, I’d be all for it. But that’s not how things like this go. The government … state and national … is loaded with bureaucrats who answer to nobody and don’t care about the Constitution. So in my mind such an evaluation is just as hazardous as proposed “red flag” laws. Rights can be taken away.

Let the sheriff revoke his CC permit. But otherwise … don’t infringe. This basic freedom ensconced in the Constitution applies to all, even if they are stupid.

1 Like

You can’t prove I’m not Batman.

2 Likes

Once the criminal runs away whats with chasing him? I would call the cops. That’s their job. I aint running around the street with a pistol. With my luck a passing patrol car would see me and think I am the bad guy. I aint going out that way.

1 Like