Dicks Sporting Goods...shop there, or not?

Nope. Not for years.

1 Like

Iā€™m getting the feeling you all donā€™t want to shop there for some reason? :rofl:

1 Like

Well I went there a couple of times before they went public with their new policy. Service was not good and the knowledge base for guns in general was poor to non existent, but that may have just been the store I was in as the city of Madison (Wisconsin) politics are mostly not gun friendly to begin with.

2 Likes

Because weā€™re all jerks :smiling_imp:.

1 Like

Nope, because you all are 2A supporters and would rather spend your money with like-minded organizations! :clap::clap::clap:

4 Likes

I have not been to Dickā€™s since Cabellaā€™s came to Louisville. Since they decided to throw the 2nd Amendment away, I will NEVER be back.

2 Likes

I have a friend that hates walking in the door every time she has to purchase something for her son so he can play summer ball.
I personally will not spend a penny (yes they still exist so you can pay taxes) in that chain. I have gone in and looked in what is left of the fire arms section and told people where they can find the same thing for less money. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Iā€™ll never do business with them.

1 Like

the same as many of you, once they announced their anti 2a agenda i stopped supporting their business all together

5 Likes

No money from me, but thatā€™s no change. Iā€™ve never seen anything in there that I couldnā€™t find elsewhere locally or on-line at a MUCH better price. Kind of the same with Cabellaā€™s. I love the store (Lexington, KY) and have purchased a few things there, but the prices are nearly as high as Dickā€™s. I like supporting local, but when it comes to 10% to 20% higher prices, well. Iā€™ll go to Cabellaā€™s if I need something quicker than I could get it on-line.

2 Likes

I have stepped foot in the store and not ever bought anything. The wife on the other hand got my oldest childā€™s baseball pants and glove there. Interesting enough here is the convo they had (J-oldest, w- wife):
J: why doesnt dad like to come here
W: bc their stance on the 2nd
J: well thats stupid
W: tell that to your dad
J: no I will pass
W: your dad doesnt like to support anti-gun business
W: dads thinking pro gun money, anti gun no money
J: good point

3 Likes

Definite hard pass on shopping at Dickā€™s. In the past, before their post-Parkland nonsense, we shopping for sporting goods (not shooting sports). Mostly soccer gear for the little ones or the occasional bicycle. No more. I get stopping selling certain or even all firearms. But hiring lobbyists to ban firearms, thatā€™s unforgivable.

1 Like

Before Dicks announced their anti-2A stance I tried shopping for running shoes. The selection was limited and overpriced. Since their anti-2A stance became public I have not patronized their business.

3 Likes

Hereā€™s some fun. Iā€™ll walk in, browse for something, then use my phone to scan the bar-code and purchase it cheaper. And Iā€™m fully willing to tell them I am using them just to test a fit or to compare quality before NOT purchasing from them.

3 Likes

Prior to their ban. I did buy ammo from them twice during their big holiday sales. Dragged my family with me because of the ā€˜per customer limitā€™. Since their extremely poor business decision to piss off a HUGE portion of their customer base - I havenā€™t passed through their doors ever again.

Iā€™m a BIG supporter of small local businesses. And all of my gun related purchases now go to small local gun shops. So the Walmart latest decision hopefully will help my local small business gun shops increase sales.

3 Likes

Not since theyā€™ve taken this stanceā€¦havenā€™t set a foot inside. Although I like @Fish 's idea.

2 Likes

Have not set foot in Dickā€™s or Forrest and Stream since they adopted their anti-2nd Amendment policies. I bought one firearm there years before they made their policy change and probably some ammo here and there. Most of my pre-policy shopping was for my boys basketball supplies (shoes, socks, etc). I honestly think they thought people would continue to shop for items unrelated to shooting.

2 Likes

That is the silver lining here - local ranges and gun shops will get more ammunition business from those who donā€™t like to order their ammo online.

5 Likes

The ammo situation here in California has become a nightmare. So here online sales can ONLY be from California companies. Iā€™m somewhat in a quandary as to how I will be doing my anmmo purchasing to mitigate the added fees and less supply.

Been reading some of the threads here on reloading. And I will continue to research a lot more on the issue.

I wish there was some way to reverse the huge slide into the evil clutches of the tyrants who eventually want to disarm us all. But their incremental game continues. But unfortunately until more get ā€˜red pilledā€™ the zombies will continue their walk towards the point of no return.

Corruption now infiltrates most of our culture. How to ā€˜get backā€™ to a moral society? I think a restart / reboot will be the only way left (sadly) as the tyrants continue to collect power and will never back down.

1 Like