DeSantis says Florida drivers can hit protesters '

This is a add on to previous entry.

22 Likes

Are EXTRA points awarded for style? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

13 Likes

I’m not a big fan of living in Florida, but I do like some of their laws. I like the fact they don’t put up with a lot of peoples bull$hit. I remember traveling to Florida several years ago, on the highway leading into the state, I-75 I believe, don’t quote me there was a sign that read, ā€œFlorida citizens have a right to carry firearms concealed, they do carry them and will use them if necessary, Welcome to Floridaā€!

19 Likes

I live here (FL)…it’s too hot, among other things. You & the sign are accurate, there are a lot of armed citizens here. From my home to the nearest intersection, approx 3/4 of a mile, all but 2 homes display our flag & 3 display the 2nd Amendment flag (Don’t tread on me) as well.

Also, yes, I-75 is the main interstate in/out of FL. I-95 further east, near the coast, and I-10 from the southern coast of AL are the 2 other major arteries.

8 Likes

Yep, it’s hot, crowded, and we have wildlife that will kill you in a dozen different ways. Plus hurricanes. Big, bad hurricanes that will wreck your life. No one else come. The state is full.

Ahhh, the Florida dream!

9 Likes

When I traveled to a living I was required to go to Florida many times a year, always in the summer of course. I was convinced the door to Hell was in Naples, hottest place I’ve ever been…LOL. We always used to say, "The two best things to come out of Florida were I-95 and I-75…LOL. I do, however, like your governor and his commonsense thinking. It’s a shame other governors (like the class act moron/dip-$hit governor here in North Carolina) can’t or won’t take lessons from him.

13 Likes

I saw a bumper sticker here once that said ā€œI-95 North. Use it.ā€ :rofl:

9 Likes

I’ve often referred to Florida as ā€œHeaven’s Waiting Roomā€. Whether it’s the storms, the wildlife, old age or any other number of reasons, there’s a fair chance a person may never leave.

3 Likes

'Brevard County Sherriff:
ā€œIf you throw a brick, a firebomb, or point a gun at one of our deputies, we will be notifying your family where to collect your remains at. Because we will kill you, graveyard deadā€.

I love a guy with Big Brass Ones! ----wait, that didn’t sound right! :joy: :rofl: :laughing:

OH MY GOD! I PEE’D! 'Plus Hurricanes! Big Bad Hurricane’s! man, you are better than George Carlin

10 Likes

What if they are still flopping around on the ground, how many extra points?

3 Likes

If it’s flopping, you lose points!

IIRC recently, within a year or so, a family was leaving with their boat when at an intersection at 4am a crowd gathered, surrounded the family and the father pleasantly asked them to move. At that point the creeps blocking the road shot the family father dead.

If it’s flopping you put it in reverse and stop the threat!
I’m more the ā€œgraveyard deadā€ type!

7 Likes

That’s another one of those news stories that has never left my head. It never will, like the cinderblock in the young lady’s face from an overpass.

4 Likes

Glad I could make you laugh brother :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I love the State I only left because of my job but I’m still good because I ended up in Texas they both have a lot in common.

1 Like

Roger that. If possible spin the tires also.

3 Likes

I forget which sate it was, I saw a vid of similar such protesters. I think it was in Oklahoma, and very recent.

Where protestors were throwing rocks at windows of police cars, and standing in front of them, jumping onto the hood of the cars.

Some of the cars drove through them, although about 1-5 MPH speed.

I’m not LEO, so I do not know the protocol in that situation. I imagine, exiting the car and hand-cuffing and arresting them seemed safe thing to do. IDK.

I heard the protestors speak, though 99% of their words were profanity. I had seen some other vids criticizing them;

Oddly, the protestors seemed to be USA born citizens with no language accent, but perfectly good cursing English. Their carrying non US flags and burning, spitting on USA flags was confusing and scary. Why, why, why?

1 Like

You can in Oklahoma too.

2 Likes

Speed up.

4 Likes

In the travel lane illegally? Totally fair game.

3 Likes

During the Floyd riots, my wife and I were traveling back home from vacation, pulling our 40ft fifth wheel with a dodge quad cab dually. We saw ahead of us on the interstate that the highway was blocked by a large crowd of protesters. There was no place to get off or turn around. I slowed down to 15 mph and kept moving. Luckily they decided to move out of the way.
Yes, I would have pushed them if needed.

12 Likes